Important Update regarding the Amana ADB1300AFB
The Amana ADB1300AFB production has been discontinued, so you won’t be able to find any new models anymore.
Fortunately, the company has replaced it with a somewhat improved model, namely the Amana ADB1400AG, which has an identical price as the previously-mentioned model with minor tweaks here and there regarding specs. Let’s take a look at what they have added.
- Slim front console design features easy to use push button controls
- When it's your turn to do the dishes, a 12-place setting capacity gives the space you need for every load
- Triple filter wash system helps you skip the pre-rinse so you can spend less time scrubbing
|Dimensions:||34.5 x 23.87 x 24.5 inches|
|Noise rating:||63 dB|
If you want a highly affordable dishwasher, you should consider taking a look at the Amana ADB1400AG.
We like its triple filter filtration system that removes hardened food bits and keeps the bottom of the tub cleaner for longer periods of time. In case you didn’t know, the Amana brand comes from the same parent company as Whirlpool, so you’re getting a reliable appliance despite the relatively low price.
Also, the Amana ADB1400AG is relatively lightweight for a 24-inch dishwasher, so you’ll have an easier time installing it than other similarly-sized appliances. On top of that, its Energy Guide rating shows that it only requires about $32 in annual energy bills. Finally, it also has a rinse-aid dispenser in case you live in an area with hard water. Normally we wouldn’t mention this, but a few models that go for the same price lack this feature, so it felt appropriate in this context.
The Amana ADB1400AG 24-Inch Built-In Dishwasher is an amazingly-priced appliance that fulfills all the basic dishwashing needs in a regular household.
In conclusion, if you are on a limited budget and need a dishwasher from a reliable brand, you can’t go wrong with this model, as it fulfills all the basic needs a family has when it comes to washing dishes.
Original Amana ADB1300AFB Review
Dishwashers are now chock-full of features and are even extremely energy efficient saving you more of your hard-earned money. Having many options is a great thing but the downside is that it is tedious to sort through those options. So, how do you find that unit that is “just right?” This article will give you one example, the Amana ADB1300AFB, and things to consider when you decide to purchase a new machine.
- Type: Built-In
- Wash programs: Heavy, Normal, 1- Hour ( High temp option for heavy and Normal cycles)
- Water consumption: 7.47 gal (28.28 L) Normal: 3.01 gal (11.38 L) 1- Hour: 5.8 gal (21.94 L)
- Timer: No
- Warranty: 1-year limited Warranty- Parts and Labor
- Price Range: $500 – $600
Amana ADB1300AFB Product Details
- Item dimensions: 23 .88 in Wide, 25.25 in Depth, 34.5 in Height in/cm
- Depth when door fully opened: 49.35 in
- Max height/ Min Height: 34.5 In/ 33.5 in
- Item weight: 85lb/ 38.6kg
- Color: Black, Stainless Steel
- Filter: Manual Clean- Removable
- Noise level: 63 dB
- Material: Plastic with vinyl racks
- Estimated Cost: $32 (Electric) $25 (Natural Gas)
- Minimum Circuit: 20 amp
- Energy Star: Yes
The Amana dishwasher is a no-muss, no-fuss washer. It does what you need it to without having to fumble your way through a bunch of cycle options you probably will never use. Simple installation, operation, and a great price point make this washer a great option for many looking for great value within their budget. A triple filter helps catch even tiny food particles to keep them from ending up on your clean dishes. It also eliminates the need to wash your dishes before you wash your dishes. Finally, the large capacity will make it easy for a large family, or for those who love to entertain, to clean up after a good sized meal.
- Accommodates 12 place settings per load
- Has two dry options: Heated and air
- Has a quick rinse option
- Heated dry option uses an internal heater. This speeds up dry time so you can put your dishes away after the cycle completes without having to hand dry.
- Triple filter wash system catches even the smallest crumbs so you do not have to rinse before placing dishes in the Amana ADB1300AFB
What the User Reviews Say
- Reviewers seem to love the simple and straight-forward install. If you are even a little handy with a few tools, you can handle the install yourself and keep a little extra cash in your pocket that would otherwise go to a handyman.
- Even with the higher decibel level, most reviewers comment on how quiet the washer is while it runs.
- Another pro mentioned is how simple it is to use without all of the excessive programming and cycle options. Normal is perfect for a regular dishwashing day. Heavy comes in handy when you have an after-party cleanup to take on. The 1-hour wash can quickly clean something you will need to use soon.
- Many consumers complain that though the internal heater is supposed to get the dishes fully dry, that it does leave some moisture behind.
- Many complained that the 90-degree adapter would have been nice to have included in the install package. However, this was easy enough to find at the local hardware store so in no way was a deal breaker.
How to Select the Ideal Dishwasher
Things to keep in mind when looking for your perfect dishwasher:
- Size: Be sure to measure the opening where your washer will be put. This will help you narrow down your possible options and save you a headache later on of purchasing one that is too big or not big enough.
- Wash Cycles: If you tend to wash specific types of dishes often, you may want to find a washer with special wash cycles. Many have a gentle cycle for china or stemware. A cycle for pots and pans are a must for others. Still, others want a heavy duty cycle because of types of foods or baking that they often do.
- Noise: Another thing to consider when thinking about how to choose a dishwasher is the noise. Higher decibel levels mean a noisier washer. This may be something to look into if you have an open floor plan and you do not want to hear it run while you relax in the family room. This may also be a deal breaker if you host dinners in or near your kitchen.
- Energy Efficiency: Worried about saving some money or the environment? Then look for high-efficiency washers with an Energy Star logo. This will keep money in your pocket by conserving energy and using less water.
- Safety: If you have children you may want to keep an eye out for safety features such as overflow sensors or locking door latches.
There is no debate that a dishwasher is a must-have item to help get you through the chores in your kitchen. With so many features, brands, and options, the hunt for the right washer can be overwhelming. This article highlighted one model that keeps things on the simple side. If that is what you prefer, then the Amana ADB1300AFB may just be “the one.”
You Might Also Like: Best Dishwasher Detergents for Hard Water: 2018 Reviews