Ever wondered what are the best budget dishwashers out there? Or what dishwasher under $300, $400, $500, $700 to get?
For this, we have put together a list of the best affordable dishwashers that you can currently find on the market from several reliable retailers out there.
- 1 Best Budget Dishwashers (Updated List)
- 2 11. Samsung DW80R2031US 24″ Top Control Built-In Dishwasher
- 3 10. Whirlpool WDF331PAHB 24″ Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher
- 4 9. Frigidaire FFCD2413US 24″ Front Control Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher
- 5 8. GE GDT665SSNSS 24″ Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher
- 6 7. Samsung DW80R5061US 24-Inch Fully Integrated Dishwasher
- 7 6. Amana ADB1400AGS 24-Inch Full Console Built-In Dishwasher
- 8 5. Hotpoint HDA2100HCC 24-Inch Full Console Dishwasher
- 9 4. SPT SD-2225DW Countertop Dishwasher
- 10 3. Ensue 99831 Countertop Dishwasher
- 11 2. Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher
- 12 1. Farberware FCD06ABBWHA Compact Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- 13 Final thoughts on the best budget dishwashers
Best Budget Dishwashers (Updated List)
Before we get into the rankings, here are the three best budget dishwashers that we have selected based on their price-to-value ratio.
11. Samsung DW80R2031US 24″ Top Control Built-In Dishwasher
- 55 decibels
- Hybrid stainless steel tub
- Digital Touch Controls
- Adjustable Upper Rack
- Digital Leak Sensor
|Dimensions:||23 x 24 x 33 inches|
One of the most known and appreciated companies in the entire world has given us the Samsung DW80R2031US 24″ Top Control Built-In Dishwasher.
This fully digital dishwasher features an anti-leakage sensor that can identify leaks as small as 2.7 ounces and shuts itself off before water can escape.
The Samsung DW80R2031US 24″ Top Control Built-In Dishwasher is an outstanding dishwasher that currently retails for less than $400. Its interior door is covered with stainless steel, and it features an advanced washing system that senses hard spots and targets them more to give out cleaner dishes overall.
The Samsung DW80R2031US 24″ Top Control Built-In Dishwasher is a great deal from a trusted brand.
It features a child lock that prevents the accidental push of the buttons and an indicator light that tells you when it’s done washing your dishes. Furthermore, it has a fully digital display that gives you a plethora of information, such as how much time the wash cycle has left.
10. Whirlpool WDF331PAHB 24″ Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher
- Heated dry option
- High temperature wash
- 1-Hour Wash Cycle
- Soil Sensor
- Designed, Engineered and Assembled in the U.S.A. with American Pride
|Dimensions:||34 x 23 x 25 inches|
Coming at below $500 is the Whirlpool WDF331PAHB 24″ Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher.
With two high-capacity washing arms and STAR-K certification, this budget dishwasher features two racks with a cup shelf and a silverware basket, as well as a smart sensor that detects hard dirt spots on your dishes and targets them more to clean them better.
The Whirlpool WDF331PAHB 24″ Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher has a removable and easy to clean filter that can handle even hard food residue to a certain extent, which is quite impressive given the price point. Overall, we think that this budget dishwasher is currently one of the best dishwashers under $500.
Easily one of the best budget dishwashers out there, the Whirlpool WDF331PAHB 24″ Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher comes from one of the most reliable brands in the appliance industry.
Despite its low price point, Whirlpool has a history of offering reliable products that will last you for at least several years before showing any signs of breaking. And although the black finish is a fingerprint magnet, you can easily clean fingerprints off with a damp cloth.
9. Frigidaire FFCD2413US 24″ Front Control Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher
- Stay-Put Door
- Self-Cleaning Filter
- Cycle Indicator Lights
- Polymer Wash Tub
|Dimensions:||24 x 25 x 33 inches|
A high contender for the best dishwasher brands, the Frigidaire FFCD2413US 24″ Front Control Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher has a stay-put door hinge design that makes loading and unloading much more relaxed than other models with similar price tags.
It has a noise rating of 60 decibels, which doesn’t make it the quietest dishwasher on the market by far. However, it still means it’s soft enough not to disturb you if you’re having a conversation, watching TV, or listening to music at a regular volume.
Also, the Frigidaire FFCD2413US 24″ Front Control Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher comes with touchpad controls that allow you to select the cycles, adjust the temperature, and activate the delay start option. Furthermore, the self-cleaning filter eliminates food particles and keeps your dishes as clean as possible.
The Frigidaire FFCD2413US 24″ Front Control Tall Tub Built-In Dishwasher comes with a hard food disposer and a low-rinse aid indicator light that takes out a lot of the hard work and guessing games.
It is easily one of the best budget dishwashers at around $300, and we especially recommend it because it comes from a reliable brand that has a history of honoring their warranty promises, and that also puts out fantastic customer service even for the smallest of issues.
8. GE GDT665SSNSS 24″ Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher
- Dry Boost With Fan Assist
- Piranha Hard Food Disposer With Removable Filter
- Adjustable Full-Extension Smooth-Glide Upper Rack
- Dual Pumps And Motors
|Dimensions:||34 x 23 x 24 inches|
Bottle jets that clean even the tallest glasses, a fully adjustable upper third rack, and a reliable hard food disposer are all a part of the GE GDT665SSNSS 24″ Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher.
It’s got five washing cycles with ten different options for a fully customizable dishwashing experience. The GE GDT665SSNSS 24″ Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher also offers Active Flood Protect technology that senses any noticeable leaks and cuts off the water supply immediately if necessary.
The GE GDT665SSNSS 24″ Stainless Steel Built-In Dishwasher is, in most cases, reliable, and you can easily consider it one of the best dishwashers under $700.
It has a stainless steel tub that prevents mold and rust, a fan assist drying feature that, when paired with the heated dry option, dries dishes quickly and sanitizes them slightly better than other dishwashers on the market.
7. Samsung DW80R5061US 24-Inch Fully Integrated Dishwasher
- StormWash rotating spray jets that clean at every angle for tough to reach spots
- AutoRelease door opens at the end of the cycle to improve drying
- Fingerprint Resistant Finish
- Hard Food Disposer
|Dimensions:||23 x 33 x 35 inches|
Our second budget dishwasher from this brand, the Samsung DW80R5061US 24-Inch Fully Integrated Dishwasher has the StormWash system that makes use of powerful rotating spray jets to clean at every angle.
It has an Energy Star rating of 265 kWh/year and has an estimated yearly operating cost of just $35. The Samsung DW80R5061US 24-Inch Fully Integrated Dishwasher further enhances the experience by adding a 3rd rack that provides extra space to load additional utensils and silverware.
The Samsung DW80R5061US 24-Inch Fully Integrated Dishwasher is a worthy contender for the best dishwashers available considering what it offers for the price.
You’ll find that it even competes with the best Bosch dishwashers when it comes to high-end features and reliability. Furthermore, it comes with a 1-year warranty for parts and labor, which is helpful in case you ever encounter defects.
6. Amana ADB1400AGS 24-Inch Full Console Built-In Dishwasher
- Triple Filter Wash System
- Heated Dry Option
- High-Temperature Option
- Full Length Silverware Basket Included
|Dimensions:||24 x 34 x 24 inches|
At less than $400, the Amana ADB1400AGS 24-Inch Full Console Built-In Dishwasher manages to impress with its triple filter wash system that lets you skip pre-rinsing and scrubbing.
Also, the filter is removable and easily cleanable with a simple brush, so you won’t have to do that much extra work to keep the dishwasher running correctly. It’s as simple as following a basic how to clean your dishwasher guide.
Moreover, the Amana ADB1400AGS 24-Inch Full Console Built-In Dishwasher has a full-length silverware basket that can fit quite a few utensils. It also has cup holders on the upper rack so you can rest assured that your glasses won’t get damaged even on the heavy wash cycle.
The Amana ADB1400AGS 24-Inch Full Console Built-In Dishwasher is a powerful contender for one of the best Amana dishwashers on the market.
It rivals even the now discontinued Amana ADB1300AFB, which offered similar capabilities at a reasonable price. This follow-up to one of the brand’s best budget dishwashers is a worthy addition to anyone looking to save money and still get some excellent features.
5. Hotpoint HDA2100HCC 24-Inch Full Console Dishwasher
- Hot Start Option
- Hard Food Disposer
- Insulation Blanket
- Standard Upper Rack with Tower
- Pots and Pans Cycle
|Dimensions:||35 x 24 x 25 inches|
The Hotpoint HDA2100HCC 24-Inch Full Console Dishwasher is one of the best budget dishwashers that come from an obscure brand.
Although not nearly as known as Frigidaire, Electrolux, or Bosch, this full console dishwasher still managed to get decent user reviews, and it comes in three color variants: Bisque, Black, and White.
Also, the Hotpoint HDA2100HCC 24-Inch Full Console Dishwasher comes with simple and intuitive controls, as well as a removable upper rack, a decently-sized silverware basket, and an extra-fine filter.
If you want a full-fledged dishwasher for a rent apartment, then the Hotpoint HDA2100HCC 24-Inch Full Console Dishwasher is by far one of the best budget dishwashers that you can get.
A few users have reported that they’ve had it for a few years and didn’t encounter any problem with it, which goes to show just how reliable even obscure dishwasher brands can be.
4. SPT SD-2225DW Countertop Dishwasher
- 6 wash cycles: Heavy, normal, ECO, Glass, Speed and Rinse
- Delay start for added convenience : Two, four, six or eight hours
- Universal faucet adapter and Quick Connect: For quick and easy connection to most kitchen faucets
|Dimensions:||21.6 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches|
One of the best countertop dishwashers that you can find right now for a reasonable price is the SPT SD-2225DW Countertop Dishwasher.
SPT has been known for years now for producing reliable dishwashers that last for a long time and that are convenient and easy to use. The SPT SD-2225DW Countertop Dishwasher is no different, as if offers a quick connect system with universal faucet adapters, making the installation process intuitive and straightforward even if you’ve never owned a dishwasher in your life.
Overall, the SPT SD-2225DW Countertop Dishwasher is a great appliance if you live in a rental apartment or if you don’t have enough space in your kitchen.
For such a small package, it offers a surprising number of features, and the fact that you don’t need any plumbing skills is a plus that adds even more convenience for a lot of people’s needs.
3. Ensue 99831 Countertop Dishwasher
- Cleans As You Go - A convenient and small dish washing machine for cleaning the dishes after dinner or cooking. Simply load the dishes in the dish basket and cutlery rack and let this white dishwasher do the dirty job. Easily sits on countertops or tabletop requiring less space
- Easy To Use - Load your dishes and set the controls with ease. The detergent and rinse aid dispensers are easy to fill. (Energy Star Certified)
- User Friendly Controls - The simple to use control panel and light indicators features a power button, start/end program, program selector, heavy, normal, light, miniparty, rinse and speed
|Dimensions:||19 x 21.5 x 17 inches|
Another entry from a relatively obscure brand, the Ensue 99831 Countertop Dishwasher comes below the $300 mark from most retailers.
The kit includes a faucet and drain adapter, and it’s as easy to set up as it can get. Its rack can be pulled away from the interior of the dishwasher reasonably comfortable because of the sliding wheels mechanism.
Surprisingly, the Ensue 99831 Countertop Dishwasher has a separate cup tray and a silverware basket included, which is quite impressive for such a portable dishwasher. Couple this with the six well-thought-out washing programs, and you’ve got yourself a reliable budget dishwasher for one or two people.
Despite being from a lesser-known brand, the Ensue 99831 Countertop Dishwasher has been on the market for several years and has managed to impress many people who’ve bought it.
It’s our third choice for the best budget dishwashers because of how easy to use and reliable it is. Furthermore, many people report that customer service is surprisingly decent for a company that is relatively unknown in the dishwasher market.
2. Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher
- Your purchase includes One Danby Countertop Dishwasher, DDW621WDB model | Hoses and faucet adaptor fits standard North American faucets
- Dishwasher dimensions – 21.65” W x 19.69” D x 17.24” H | Depth with door open – 32” | Weight – 46.30 lbs. | Voltage – 115V | Cord length – 5 ft. long | Noise level – 52 dB | Energy consumption – 203 (KWh/year)
- Program your cycle to start around your schedule, chose from 2, 4, 6 or 8 hours
|Dimensions:||19.7 x 21.6 x 17.2 inches|
Made in the USA, the Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher brings a quality space-saving design with a relatively low noise level of only 52 decibels.
The control console is fully integrated, and the interior is made out of steel, which protects it from mold and rust. Not only that but just like the previous models on our list, the Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher is easy to install, as the unit comes with a pre-packaged drain hose.
The Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher is easy to use, reliable, and comes from a trusted brand that offers excellent customer service.
All of these things and its price tag place it as our second choice for the best budget dishwashers currently available on the market.
1. Farberware FCD06ABBWHA Compact Portable Countertop Dishwasher
- Dimensions: Depth - Door Shut (with Handle): 21.7" | Depth - Door Shut (without Handle): 20" | Depth With Door Open 90 Degrees: 29" | Dishwasher Size: 21" | Height - Maximum: 17.2" | Height - Minimum: 17.2" | Product Depth: 21.7" | Product Height: 17.2" | Product Width: 19.7" | Product Weight: 44.1 lb
- Six-place setting: the six-place setting capacity allows you to wash a variety of dishes (up to 10-inches in diameter) and includes folding down rack shelves and a cutlery basket
- Quick installation: Features a quick connect assembly with accessories and adapters included to easily connect directly to your faucet
|Dimensions:||21.7 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches|
Our number one choice out of all the best budget dishwashers is the Farberware FCD06ABBWHA Compact Portable Countertop Dishwasher.
Like the previously affordable countertop dishwashers on our list, this one also features a quick connect system that allows you to pair it to the faucet rather than complicate yourself with the plumbing system.
The Farberware FCD06ABBWHA Compact Portable Countertop Dishwasher also has an extra-drying function that adds extra heat to the final rinse to enhance drying results. And, to top it all off, if you need dishes cleaned quickly, the speed cycle lets you get items clean in only 45 minutes.
The Farberware FCD06ABBWHA Compact Portable Countertop Dishwasher is a fantastic choice for anyone on a tight budget who still wants to get a quality dishwasher.
To put it simply, the pros far outweigh the cons, and for how small and light it is, you’ll have no trouble taking it with you if you want to move to another place.
Final thoughts on the best budget dishwashers
Now that you’ve seen our list of the best budget dishwashers, you can make a decision more quickly.
You’ve seen how to choose a dishwasher based on specs and needs, and you’ve also seen things to take into consideration before making a final decision.
After all, the most affordable dishwashers won’t all come with many bells and whistles. Still, they will be satisfactory enough for people who want to make their life easier by not having to wash dishes themselves.