If you want to find the best compact dishwasher for your needs, stick with us till the end of the article.
Looking through the most appreciated models around the web, we’ve selected the ones that proved they’re worth the price.
- 1 Best Compact Dishwasher (Updated List)
- 1.1 12. HISSUN WQP4-6204 Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.2 11. NOVETE TDQR01 Compact Dishwasher
- 1.3 10. SPT SD-2225DS Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.4 9. SPT SD-9254SS 18″ Built-In Compact Dishwasher
- 1.5 8. BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Compact Dishwasher
- 1.6 7. EdgeStar DWP62BL Energy Star Rated Compact Dishwasher
- 1.7 6. Danby DDW621WDB Compact Dishwasher
- 1.8 5. Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Compact Dishwasher
- 1.9 4. SPT SD-2213S Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.10 3. EdgeStar BIDW1802SS 18 Inch Compact Dishwasher
- 1.11 2. hOmeLabs Compact Dishwasher
- 1.12 1. Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA Compact Dishwasher
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Final thoughts
Best Compact Dishwasher (Updated List)
Before we get into the actual reviews, let’s take a look at our top three picks.
These were the ones that impressed us the most based on performance, reliability, and price:
12. HISSUN WQP4-6204 Countertop Dishwasher
- 🍸 【5 WASHING PROGRAMS】Compact Dishwashers according to different tableware and food residue to choose washing modes, the 3D spray arm at the bottom provides dishes with all-around and deep cleaning.
- 🌡️【160℉ HIGH-TEMPERATURE CLEAN】The water temperature can be as high as 160°F to achieve a disinfection effect. after the cleaning is completed, use the residual temperature to dry.
- 🍽️【COMPACT DESIGN】This portable dishwasher measures 17.32*16.25*16.69inch, but holds 4 full place settings and fits up to 12" dishes loaded at an angle, easily meeting daily needs for a family of 3-4.
|Dimensions:||17.32 x 16.25 x 16.69 inches|
While this brand is relatively new to the dishwasher market, their product brings a few features that we think are worth your attention.
In short, the HISSUN WQP4-6204 comes with a 360-degree spray arm that manages to cover the entire dish area in a single load. Also, the continuous 160-degree Fahrenheit sanitization cleaning makes it an affordable option that’s perfect for your health. Finally, the WQP4-6204 comes with a much longer warranty than many others.
This dishwasher has many great features, as you can already tell, but what we really like about the HISSUN WQP4-6204 is the delay start option that goes up to 24 hours in one-hour increments.
Overall, we recommend it even though the brand isn’t known because it offers a five-year warranty. Rarely will you ever see a dishwasher of this size with such an extended guarantee.
11. NOVETE TDQR01 Compact Dishwasher
- SMALL SIZE, LARGE CAPACITY】This portable dishwasher only measures 16.9 x 16.8 x 18.1 inches, but holds 4 full place settings and fits up to 12" dishes loaded at an angle, easily meeting daily needs for a family of 3-4; the double-layer design offers enough space for 4 x serving bowls, 4 x cups, 4 x small plates, 4 x dinner plates, 7 x spoons, 7 x forks and 7 x knives; perfect for small-sized houses, apartments, dorms, boats, and campers/RVs
- 【NO INSTALLATION NEEDED】This countertop dishwasher supports 2 water supply modes, including a faucet mode and water tank mode; a built-in 5 L water tank allows instant use when fully filled. The automatic water level indicator lets you know when the correct water level has been reached; to use the faucet mode, simply connect the water inlet hose to the machine and faucet
- 【BABY CARE MODE】This compact dishwasher offers 5 wash cycles - Normal, Speed, ECO, Baby Care/Heavy, and Fruit; the Baby Care/Heavy mode with 167 °F washing temperature is suitable for baby products and oily tableware, which rinses them thoroughly and gives glassware a sparkling clean finish
|Dimensions:||16.86 x 16.75 x 18.05 inches|
|Noise Rating:||50 dB|
Putting some great features into the compact dishwasher niche, the NOVETE TDQR01 comes forward with full force and some excellent features for the money.
At only 50 decibels and a price under $400, this is quite an impressive unit for the money, especially when compared to many others within the same category. However, what we truly like about the NOVETE TDQR01 is the fact that the upper and lower spray arms are extremely efficient and manage to clean everything perfectly.
In short, we recommend the NOVETE Dishwasher to anyone who wants a versatile and compact dishwasher at a really affordable price.
Considering all the accessories it comes with, this unit sure makes life a lot easier in the kitchen, especially if you want a multi-purpose device that also washes fruits and is able to store dishes in a sanitary matter.
10. SPT SD-2225DS Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- 6 wash cycles: Heavy, normal, ECO, Glass, Speed and Rinse
- Delay start for added convenience : Two, four, six or eight hours
- Universal faucet adapter and Quick Connect: For quick and easy connection to most kitchen faucets
|Dimensions:||21.65 x 19.69 x 17.24 inches|
|Noise Rating:||55 dB|
This countertop dishwasher from SPT is good-looking and it’s designed to fit under practically any kitchen cabinet.
The SD-2225DS comes with every component you need for installation, and it connects easily to almost any standard American faucet type.
We like the LED that shows you exactly how much time is left from a wash cycle. And the SPT SD-2225DS also comes with a water supply and rinse aid warning indicator to make things easier for you.
The SPT SD-2225DS Compact Dishwasher is efficient, quiet, and comes from one of the most appreciated brands in the dishwashing niche.
Although a fairly basic model, it’s good enough for a household of one or two people who don’t need to wash all that many dishes.
9. SPT SD-9254SS 18″ Built-In Compact Dishwasher
- Built-in, top-mount
- 6 Wash Programs: Normal, Heavy, Energy, Glass, Quick, Rinse
- HEATING function during drying cycle
|Dimensions:||17.6 x 22.6 x 32.4 inches|
|Noise Rating:||52 dB|
If you want a built-in compact dishwasher, the SPT SD-9254SS is a good choice that comes at less than $500.
As you can tell, it’s relatively inexpensive, especially considering that it comes with eight place settings and it’s rated at only 52 decibels.
Also, the SPT SD-9254SS Compact Built-in Dishwasher has a heating element that helps dry dishes better than regular dishwashers. Overall, a good purchase for the money.
The SPT SD-9254SS Compact Built-in Dishwasher is a solid choice considering its price and features.
Although far from being a smart dishwasher, it’s durable, does a good job of cleaning and drying dishes, and it’s backed up by SPT’s reliable customer service.
8. BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Compact Dishwasher
- 7 SUPERIOR WASH CYCLES: With this incredible BLACK+DECKER portable dishwasher, you find the right wash cycle that works for you and your dishes. Our 7 wash cycles for this 21.5” x 21.7” x 17.2” dishwasher machine include: Normal, Intensive, Eco, Glass, 90 Minutes, Rapid & Soak. Save water and time in the kitchen cleaning by letting this stainless steel dishwasher do all the hard work.
- LED DISPLAY: Set your wash cycle and time with ease thanks to this intuitive dish washer LED display. Thanks to its easy-to-navigate electronic touch controls, you can see remaining cycle time and even delay start time. Child lock included with portable dish washing machine to secure maximum safety.
- QUICK CONNECT: Hook up your must-have white dishwasher with a seamless Quick Connect assembly, hooking right up to the faucet. No need for direct plumbing or permanent installation. With this portable dishwasher, you conveniently connect when you need clean dishes and disconnect when not in use.
|Dimensions:||21.7 x 21.5 x 17.2 inches|
|Noise Rating:||60 dB|
Coming from a non-dishwasher brand, the BLACK+DECKER BCD6W is surprisingly good even when compared to dishwashers from specialized companies.
You can choose to purchase the unit by itself or as a package with an adapter or detergent pods. This is pretty convenient, especially if it’s your first time buying a dishwasher. Reviewers who have purchased it two or three years ago have mentioned that it still runs just as well as on the first day.
Also, the BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Compact Dishwasher reviews state that the removable filter makes it outstandingly easy to clean, so you’ll have no trouble with food bits as long as you take proper care of it.
The BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Compact Dishwasher is surprisingly good considering that a non-dishwasher brand makes it.
It’s a great option for people buying their first dishwasher or for those who want something portable that they can set up in a rent apartment, RV, or a small kitchen.
7. EdgeStar DWP62BL Energy Star Rated Compact Dishwasher
- Six (6) standard place setting capacity / Includes dish rack, cup shelf, and cutlery basket
- Holds plates up to 10.5" in diameter / Seven (7) wash cycles / Quick connect adapter fits standard sized kitchen faucets / Beautiful digital display
- Stainless steel interior / Fits under most cabinetry / Water consumption (normal wash): 2.85 gallons
|Dimensions:||19.63 x 21.63 x 17.31 inches|
|Noise Rating:||52 dB|
The EdgeStar DWP62BL Compact Dishwasher is slightly higher priced than a few others on this list, but it’s worth the money.
One of the main reasons we consider so is that it only asks for 2.85 gallons of water for each wash cycle. Another reason is that it heats water up to 149 degrees Fahrenheit, which helps eliminate all possible germs.
Furthermore, the EdgeStar DWP62BL Dishwasher comes with a 5-foot hose, making it easy to connect to the sink from almost anywhere in the kitchen. And, finally, its built-in rinse aid dispenser is smart enough to determine how much rinse aid agent is needed for each wash.
The EdgeStar DWP62BL Compact Dishwasher comes from a reliable brand and satisfies your energy and water-saving needs while doing a fantastic job of washing dishes.
While there are other options that you could consider better on this list, this one is no slouch either and despite its slightly higher asking price, it will save you a lot of money in the long run.
6. Danby DDW621WDB Compact Dishwasher
- Compact space saving countertop dishwasher
- Easy Set Up: The quick connect feature is compatible with most kitchen faucets. Wattage 680 Watts and Amperage 5.7 Amps
- Energy Saver: Energy Star compliant and low water consumption of up to 3.1 gallons of water (11.7L) per wash to help save you money
|Dimensions:||19.69 x 21.65 x 17.24 inches|
|Noise Rating:||52 dB|
Danby has made our list of the best dishwasher brands for a couple of reasons, and their DDW621WDB Compact is one of them.
The fully integrated control console, although basic, is easy to understand and operate even without sifting through the detailed manual. As far as installation goes, it comes with an adapter for most of the standard American faucets.
What we like about the Danby DDW621WDB Dishwasher is the fact that it has a stainless steel tub and that the rack features plastic-coated metal tines which protect the interior against mold and corrosion.
Overall, the Danby DDW621WDB Compact Dishwasher is highly worthy of praise considering its affordable price tag.
The fact that it also comes from a reliable company that offers excellent customer service is no slouch either. To see all the reasons why we like it so much, click here for the full review.
5. Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Compact Dishwasher
- QUALITY CONTROL NOTE All dishwashers are factory tested to ensure proper operation As a result it is normal for small amounts of residual water to be found in the unit
- COMPACT DESIGN: This convenient dishwasher can fit a variety of dishes (up to 12-inches in diameter at an angle) and is ideal for small-sized houses, apartments, dorms, boats and campers/RVs. Depth - Door Shut (with Handle)-17.3 inch, Depth - Door Shut (without Handle)-16 inch, Depth With Door Open 90 Degrees-35 inch, Dishwasher Size-24 inch
- NO HOOKUPS NEEDED: If you want the advantage of portability and storage, this dishwasher gives you the choice to fill the built-in tank so you don't need a water hookup. Water hose is included for a direct water hookup to kitchen faucet (adapter not included)
|Dimensions:||17.3 x 16.5 x 17.3 inches|
|Noise Rating:||60 dB|
A slightly unusual machine, the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Dishwasher comes with a few nifty features that we haven’t seen yet on other models.
First of all, it comes with a built-in 5-liter tank that you can fill up yourself in case you don’t want to hook it up to the faucet. And, alternatively, you can use the quick install kit to connect it to the faucet if you don’t want to use the tank.
Secondly, the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Compact Dishwasher has a fruit basket and the option to wash fruits. Apart from that, it has everything that a compact dishwasher should.
The Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Compact Dishwasher has the two interesting quirks mentioned above that could make it desirable for some people.
If you want to learn more about its capabilities regarding dishwashing, energy-saving, and much more, you can check out our full review here.
4. SPT SD-2213S Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- Generous capacity: Accommodates up to 6 standard place settings and dishware up to 10.25 inches in diameter.
- 6 wash cycles: Heavy, Normal, light, Miniparty, Rinse and Speed
- With a height of only 17.24″, this unit will fit between most countertop and cabinetry
|Dimensions:||21.65 x 19.69 x 17.24 inches|
|Noise Rating:||55 dB|
We’ve talked about how great the SPT brand is in the past, and the SD-2213S compact dishwasher is no exception.
It features six wash cycles and six place settings with the added convenience of being able to hook it up to the sink instead of having to modify your plumbing or kitchen cabinet for it to work.
Furthermore, the SPT SD-2213S Dishwasher comes with a 55-decibel rating, yet many users have noticed that in most cases it’s even quieter than that. Best of all, you can get this unit for less than $300, which is yet another reason why it ranks so high on our list.
The SPT SD-2213S Compact Dishwasher is fairly lightweight, clocking in at just 43 pounds.
Mix that with its compact form factor and the fact that you can hook it up to the sink, and you’ll barely have to work to install it and get it to run.
3. EdgeStar BIDW1802SS 18 Inch Compact Dishwasher
- Accommodates up to eight (8) place settings and features a silverware basket and cup tray
- Six (6) Wash Cycles: Heavy, Normal, ECO, Glass, Rapid, and Rinse; Three (3) Options: Sanitize, Hi Temp, Heated Dry
- At only 17.75 inches wide, using this unit to replace an older appliance such as a trash compactor is a great option.
|Dimensions:||22.44 x 17.63 x 32.5 inches|
|Noise Rating:||52 dB|
One of the best compact and built-in dishwashers is the EdgeStar BIDW1802SS.
This model has an intuitive control panel, light indicators for each cycle, and a beep that notifies you when it has finished washing the dishes.
It’s convenient to use, relatively simple to install, and fairly quiet at just 52 dB. One of the best features of the EdgeStar BIDW1802SS, however, is the stainless steel tub that’s resistant against rust and mold. Even better, the sensor protects your household against any leakage, as it stops the flow of water dead in its tracks even if it detects only a few drips.
The EdgeStar BIDW1802SS 18 Inch Compact Dishwasher has an estimated energy cost of just $31, making it one of the most affordable dishwashers down the line.
What we like about this model compared to others is the fact that it emits a beeping sound at the end of a cycle so that you’ll always know when the dishes are ready. And thankfully so, because it’s very quiet at just 52 decibels.
2. hOmeLabs Compact Dishwasher
- A convenient and small Energy Star certified dish washing machine for cleaning the dishes after dinner or cooking. Simply load the dishes in the dish basket and cutlery rack and let this white dishwasher do the dirty job. Easily sits on countertops or tabletop requiring less space
- With simple to use control panel and light indicators. Program selector has 6 wash cycle options: heavy, normal, ECO, glass, speed, and rinse for your different dishwashing needs. Delay button light to postpone wash cycle
- Features a quick connect assembly with accessories including inlet and drain hose and a faucet adapter for water lines that are compatible with round-shaped faucet outlets with removable aerators, and 55/64"-27 male or 15/16"-27 female threads underneath
|Dimensions:||21.6 x 19.6 x 17.2 inches|
|Noise Rating:||52 dB|
hOmeLabs have made one of the most impressive compact dishwashers we have seen in recent times.
It’s no wonder people on Amazon have ranked it as the best rated dishwasher with over 1000 reviews and an overwhelming number of positive ratings.
As you can imagine, the hOmeLabs Compact Dishwasher comes with a quick connect system that allows you to hook it up to a faucet without any extra plumbing or tools. It’s simple to use, maintain, and clean. Overall, a good bang for your buck.
The hOmeLabs Countertop Dishwasher has received numerous positive reviews. And for good reason.
It’s compact, lightweight, and can still fit a good number of plates, cups, forks and spoons inside. On top of that, it’s a reliable machine and their customer service is great.
1. Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA Compact Dishwasher
- Dimensions: Depth - Door Shut (with Handle): 21.7" | Depth - Door Shut (without Handle): 20" | Depth With Door Open 90 Degrees: 29" | Dishwasher Size: 21" | Height - Maximum: 17.2" | Height - Minimum: 17.2" | Product Depth: 21.7" | Product Height: 17.2" | Product Width: 19.7" | Product Weight: 44.1 lb
- Six-place setting: the six-place setting capacity allows you to wash a variety of dishes (up to 10-inches in diameter) and includes folding down rack shelves and a cutlery basket
- Quick installation: Features a quick connect assembly with accessories and adapters included to easily connect directly to your faucet
|Dimensions:||21.7 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches|
|Noise Rating:||54 dB|
Coming with a baby care function and a spacious cutlery rack, the Farberware FCD06ABBWHA is a compact dishwasher that can fit a surprising amount of items.
Because of its small form factor, it can fit on any kitchen countertop, RV, or practically anywhere you’d want to place a dishwasher. For even more interior space, you have folding down rack shelves and a cutlery basket.
What’s more, the Farberware FCD06ABBWHA reviews have praised the easy setup process and child lock feature that has saved many people from accidentally touching the buttons. A few of them even mentioned the excellent shipping and care for the product.
The Farberware FCD06ABBWHA Compact Dishwasher is an excellent choice for people who want portability, affordability, and quality above all else.
As long as you’re not bothered by the limited place settings, you’ll find this unit suits your needs quite well, especially due to the fold-down racks that can accommodate utensils fairly easily.
Frequently Asked Questions
What is a compact dishwasher?
A compact dishwasher is a unit that’s smaller than a full-fledged 24-inch dishwasher. Most compact dishwashers come in either a portable or countertop form.
However, there are also built-in 18-inch dishwashers that could be considered compact simply because they take up far less space than regular ones do. Keep in mind, however, that going for a compact dishwasher isn’t for everyone.
While a compact dishwasher can save you a considerable amount of money, it won’t be able to fit as many dishes inside as standard models. Of course, you could always go through multiple wash cycles to get all the dishes done in one day. It depends on what’s more important to you.
Is a countertop dishwasher worth it?
It depends on your needs. If you live by yourself or with one or two other people and don’t need to wash too many dishes, then yes. On the other hand, if you have a large family, you might want to consider a 24-inch dishwasher.
However, if you want to save some money and don’t mind going through multiple wash cycles to get all the dishes cleaned up, then it also might be worth it. It’s up to you to determine what’s more important: the short-term saving, or the long-term saving.
How does a portable dishwasher drain?
Compact and portable dishwashers throw away dirty water through a unique coupling called a unicouple. It attaches to the spout of your kitchen faucet, and the dishwasher does the rest without you needing to worry one bit.
Can I leave a compact dishwasher running overnight?
We don’t see a reason why you couldn’t. However, it’s best to be there when a dishwasher has done its job so that you can open the door and let the dishes air-dry.
Or, alternatively, you can take out the dishes immediately and hang them on a dish drying rack for even better results. In any case, if you really want to wash dishes during the night, there’s no reason to panic if you do so. Dishwashers automatically drain filthy water and turn themselves off after
What are standard dishwasher sizes?
Regular dishwashers 24 inches wide and deep, and 35 inches high. Compact dishwashers, on the other hand, have their dimensions greatly reduced to save space or to make them able to stand on a countertop or sit in a much smaller kitchen cabinet.
Is it cheaper to hand wash or use a dishwasher?
It’s much cheaper to get a dishwasher in the long run despite the initial investment. Compact models feature an especially low energy and water consumption rate, with some going as low as $18 per year in energy cost and 2.8 gallons of water per wash cycle. Washing dishes by hand is nowhere near as economical in the long run.
Now that you’ve seen all the features of the above-mentioned models, choosing the best compact dishwasher that suits your needs should be much easier.
Please consider sharing this article with anyone who might also be interested in acquiring such a model in the near future.