If your dishwasher fails to dry out plates, cups, and utensils, it’s time to consider searching for the best dish drying rack.
We will showcase affordable drying racks, as well as the best dish rack for pots and pans, etc. Continue reading to find out each one’s strengths and weaknesses.
- 1 Best Dish Drying Rack (Updated List)
- 1.1 12. KitchenAid Full Size Dish Rack
- 1.2 11. Rottogoon Aluminum Dish Drying Rack
- 1.3 10. Best foldable dish drying rack: OXO Good Grips Foldaway Dish Rack
- 1.4 9. Best roll-up dish drying rack: Surpahs Over the Sink Roll-Up Dish Rack
- 1.5 8. Best versatile dish drying rack: Polder 4-Piece Advantage Dish Rack
- 1.6 7. Best dish drying rack for large kitchens: Simplehuman Kitchen Steel Frame Dish Rack
- 1.7 6. Best dish drying rack for small kitchens: Joseph Joseph Expandable Rack and Drainboard Set
- 1.8 5. Best in-sink dish drying rack: Neat-O Over-The-Sink Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack
- 1.9 4. Best dish drying rack for the environment: Bambusi Collapsible Dish Rack and Plate Holder
- 1.10 3. Best dish drying rack for heavy duty: HEOMU Over The Sink Dish Drying Rack
- 1.11 2. Best dish drying rack for light duty: Sweet Home Collection Dish Drainer
- 1.12 1. Best dish drying rack overall: PremiumRacks Professional Dish Rack
- 2 Frequently asked questions
- 3 Final thoughts
Best Dish Drying Rack (Updated List)
Before we get into the detailed reviews, let’s take a look at the top three best dish drying rack models.
We’ve selected these ones based on how resistant they look and feel, how rust-proof they are, and the overall value that they bring to the table.
12. KitchenAid Full Size Dish Rack
- Multi-Functional: Large capacity, designed to drain over any sink or atop a drying mat on the countertop, this dish rack can handle assorted dinnerware such as plates, bowls, and cups and full sized pots and pans
- High Quality: Heavy duty, satin coated, rust resistant wires secure items and soft feet keeps dish rack from scratching countertops
- Easy Draining: Self-draining board is designed with the perfect pitch, to avoid water pooling in the rack and is removable for easy cleaning
|Dimensions:||20.08 x 14.96 x 6.69 inches|
Coming from one of the most appreciated kitchen appliance brands out there, the KitchenAid dish drying rack proves that some companies really know their way around dishes.
Each part of this rack is removable and easy to wash. So easy in fact that you can just throw it in the dishwasher if you don’t feel like washing it by hand. Since it’s resistant to rust, you won’t ever have to worry about using too much water and soap. Moreover, the KitchenAid Drying Rack is meant for heavy duty loading, so it won’t topple over nearly as easily as other racks currently available for purchase.
Overall, we think that the KitchenAid Dish Drying Rack is well worth the money considering its quality and that it comes from this excellent brand.
Most people will be definitely pleased by it, and this fact is further enhanced by the replacement guarantee and the lifetime limited warranty.
11. Rottogoon Aluminum Dish Drying Rack
- 🍷【1OO% RUSTPROOF & STRONG FRAME】: The kitchen dish rack is made of the excellent aluminum frame that protects it from rusting and is lighter and more durable than other similar stainless steel dish racks.
- 🍴【FAST & PERFECT DRAINAGE SYSTEM】: Easy-draining board is designed with the perfect pitch, to avoid water pooling in the rack. Adjustable drainage channel swivels 180° which is perfect for directing draining water directly into the sink. This provides you with several placement options to best fit your kitchen and sink environment.
- 🥄【MULTI-FUNCTIONAL】: The dish strainer with sturdy metal construction enable you to hold assorted dinnerware such as full-size dinner plates, bowls, goblets, etc. One side has a removable utensil holder for organized and separate drying. 4 side hooks which are ideal for wine glasses, tumblers, mugs, cups, and drinkware. The cup holder is anti-scratch and will prevent scratches.
|Dimensions:||16.5 x 11.8 x 9 inches|
Have you ever had trouble with water splashing all over the place up until this point after letting your dishes dry out? Well, you’ll completely eliminate this problem with the Rottogoon dish drying rack.
Its main selling point is the drainage strategically located on the drain try that completely expels all the water that falls off dishes during the drying process. As such, you’ll no longer have to mess around with cleaning the counter thanks to the Rottogoon’s seamless design.
Despite the odd name, this dish drying rack shows a lot of promise at a fairly decent price.
We recommend it for people who want to avoid spilling water all over. How come? Because, as mentioned earlier, this dish drying rack’s draining board is perfectly-pitched.
10. Best foldable dish drying rack: OXO Good Grips Foldaway Dish Rack
- Pop-up plate rack safely holds bowls, plates, fine china and other delicate dishware
- Dish Rack accommodates large bowls, cookware and more when plate rack is down for drying
- Large-capacity divided utensil holders remove for easy unloading
|Dimensions:||20.2 x 13 x 4.1 inches|
One dishwasher-safe dish drying rack that you can use automatic detergent on is the OXO Good Grips.
Its main purpose is to accommodate as many dishes as possible without sacrificing portability and the ease of storage.
Not only that, but it also has an innovative pop-up rack that holds dishes upright no matter how bulky, thin, or big they are. Also, the OXO Good Grips Rack comes with tines that can hold up glasses and jars without scratching or tipping them over.
The OXO Good Grips Foldaway Dish Rack is practical and convenient. It allows for easy storage and lets you drain water directly in the sink.
But what we like most about it is its overall build quality that makes it feel as light as can be while also being able to accommodate a large number of dishes, including heavier ones.
9. Best roll-up dish drying rack: Surpahs Over the Sink Roll-Up Dish Rack
- Large Size, 20.5 x 13.1 inches, works for over sink up to 19.5 inches width. High-end quality, made of FDA food safe grade silicone wrapped stiff metal steel rods.
- Resistant to rust, non-slip, durable, glassware friendly, and sturdier than stainless steel racks. Oil-resistant, very easy to clean. Collapsible, and rolls up for easy storage. Welcome to compare.
- Heat resistant up to 400°F (204°C), BPA-Free, Can be used as heat resistant trivet mat on countertop. Dishwasher Safe.
|Dimensions:||20.5 x 13 x 0.3 inches|
|Material:||Steel wrapped in FDA food-grade silicone|
The multipurpose dish rack from Surpahs offers a convenient and easy to store solution for your dish drying needs.
It has a food-grade silicone coating that protects the steel rods and keeps dishes from slipping around. As long as you have the right sink measurements, it will fit with no problems.
The sturdy steel rods hold multiple dishes with ease, so you can dry even larger items such as pots and pans without worrying that the rack will break. Overall, the Surpahs Roll-Up Rack is affordable, convenient, and generally great for small apartments.
The Surpahs Over the Sink Roll-Up Dish Rack is extremely affordable and easy to store away, making it perfect for singles and small kitchens.
It might not be the most spacious out of all the best dish drying racks on this list, but for the price and convenience it offers, it’s worth every penny.
8. Best versatile dish drying rack: Polder 4-Piece Advantage Dish Rack
- Elegant design, full-size 4-pc. dish rack made from rust-resistant, brushed stainless steel and includes dish rack, drain tray, drying tray, & cutlery holder
- Removable plastic drying tray slides out to almost double the drying space—perfect for glass items—measures 14” x 13”
- Dish rack holds up to 10 plates and 6 glass posts—slopping drain tray directs water run-off into sink—measures 9” x 14" x 6"
|Dimensions:||27.5 x 19.5 x 15 inches|
|Material:||Stainless Steel and Plastic|
Here’s one rack that seamlessly integrates the trays and other accessories much better than its competitors.
However, the Polder Advantage Dish Rack is not only practical, but it also looks nice. It fits inside any kitchen decor flawlessly, and it’s a great tool for drying the plastic dishes that not even the best dishwashers can dry out completely.
Furthermore, the Polder 4-Piece Dish Drying Rack comes with split compartment utensil bin that allows you to organize knives, spoons, and forks in a way that maximizes the available space. Finally, the drain tray is angled so that the water goes straight into the sink instead of building up inside.
The Polder 4-Piece Advantage Dish Drying Rack is easy to clean, lasts for a long time, and can be configured in different ways.
All the included accessories are just as sturdy as the main unit. With their help, you’ll be able to dry not just plates, but also glasses, cups, utensils, and silverware.
7. Best dish drying rack for large kitchens: Simplehuman Kitchen Steel Frame Dish Rack
- YOU WASH, I'LL DRY - The steel frame dishrack has an innovative drainage system that includes an integrated drip tray with a swivel spout that pivots to keep water flowing directly into the sink, not onto the countertop.
- ANTI-RESIDUE COATING - Hydrophilic coating on plastic tray causes water to spread so that it dries more quickly and prevents residue buildup. Very clean and efficient.
- WINE GLASS HOLDER - Integrated wine glass rack safely hangs up to 4 extra-large Bordeaux wine glasses so they dry quickly and efficiently.
|Dimensions:||21.8 x 20.2 x 14.3 inches|
Five years of warranty is just one of the reasons you might be interested in the Simplehuman Dish Rack.
There are so many things that this thing does well, such as accommodating a large number of dishes, preventing rust, and having an expandable drip pan for glasses.
You even get separate compartments for utensils so that you can better organize every dish. The Simplehuman Steel Frame Rack might not be the most affordable option, but it’s sure worth the money considering how well made it is and how long it will last you.
The Simplehuman Kitchen Steel Frame Dish Rack is absolutely phenomenal for larger kitchens.
It’s heavy, sturdy, fingerprint and rust-resistant, and it can accommodate a large number of plates, glasses, utensils, and silverware.
6. Best dish drying rack for small kitchens: Joseph Joseph Expandable Rack and Drainboard Set
- Dish rack can be extended to almost twice its size to accommodate more dishes
- Integrated spout drains away any excess water and can be closed to trap water inside for draining later
- Plated steel prongs and non-scratch tips that make it suitable for all types of glassware and crockery. Steel rack is removable.
|Dimensions:||20.87 x 14.37 x 6.3 inches|
If you want to accommodate a lot of dishes but your kitchen is too small, the Joseph Joseph Expandable Rack is perfect for you.
The thing that separates this dish drying rack from others is the fact that you can expand it to double its capacity or hold it in the default position to maximize countertop space.
Furthermore, the Joseph Joseph Drainboard Set allows you to open the bottom joint to actively drain the water or keep it closed so that you can throw all of it away at a later time. As far as its capacity goes, it can hold about the same number of dishes that fit inside a portable dishwasher.
The Joseph Joseph 85071 Dish Drying Rack is suitable for families with a small kitchen thanks to its intelligent design.
We like that it has plated steel prongs and non-scratch tips that make it perfectly safe for all types of glassware and dishes.
5. Best in-sink dish drying rack: Neat-O Over-The-Sink Kitchen Dish Drainer Rack
- Fits easily into most sinks, dish rack inner dimensions is 13.00"(L) x 8.27"(W) x 4.92"(H)
- Chrome finish combines elegance with functionality
- Color coated wire base and handle to protect dishes and countertop, also increase stylish
|Dimensions:||20.28 x 8.27 x 4.92 inches|
If you’re looking for something compact, the Neat-O Kitchen Drainer Rack is a great choice that fits in the sink.
The handles on each side hold it in place right above the drain so that the water drips inside instead of getting all over your countertop. Because of this, you’ll be able to make more room for a countertop dishwasher.
We like the Neat-O Over-The-Sink Dish Rack because it’s made from chrome-plated steel that outlasts many other materials in terms of rust or general wear and tear. Overall, it’s an affordable and smart choice for singles or couples.
The Neat-O Over-The-Sink Dish Drainer is a sturdy and well-made drying rack for up to two people.
Its chrome-plated steel is resilient against rust and other pollutants that would weaken other models within the same price range.
4. Best dish drying rack for the environment: Bambusi Collapsible Dish Rack and Plate Holder
- FOLDABLE DISH RACK: A draining rack allows you to efficiently dry your dishes, mugs, pots and pans. Once done, it’s easy to fold and stow away so it doesn’t take counter space.
- WELL MADE: Strong screws (not staples) hold the kitchen counter dish rack together and they’re easy to open or fold. And it’s not just functional, it looks real nice in your kitchen too.
- 28 SLOTS: You get 14 plate slots in each tier to fit a lot of dishes in your kitchen dish drying rack. Plates fit well in the upper tier, while mugs and smaller plates fit well in the lower one.
|Dimensions:||17.75 x 11.5 x 1.5 inches|
Handmade and sturdily built, the Bambusi Collapsible Dish Rack is both elegant and convenient to use.
It holds enough plates and cups to satisfy people with 18-inch dishwashers or other smaller models. Even better, the rack is collapsible so that you can stow it away when it’s not in use.
The Bambusi Collapsible Plate Holder also makes great use of the countertop space, as it is fairly easy to push and pull around even when it’s fully occupied, with the rack itself weighing only about two pounds.
The Bambusi Collapsible Dish Rack and Plate Holder is handmade from the highest quality bamboo species.
It’s a solid build for the environmentally conscious, and it’s a nice addition for small kitchens that have up to 14 dishes and around 10 cups.
3. Best dish drying rack for heavy duty: HEOMU Over The Sink Dish Drying Rack
- ➤【REMINDER】The Double layer Drying Rack measures 36. 5 OR 39 (L) x 11. 5 (W) x 31. 0 (H) inches(Adjustable length),The height of the faucet should be ≤ 15 inch; The length of the sink should be ≤ 33 inch. Please DO carefully measure
- ✅【MULTIFUCTIONAL DESIGN】You can use the dish rack for storage for utensils, chopsticks, knives, fork, plates,bowls,soap,sponges, cutting boards and more.Also use the large dish drainer to dry off your dishes, or simply use it for any kitchen storage you might need.
- ✅【KITCHEN SPACE SAVER】This dish racks can help you to save tons of space and time by making it easier to access various utensils and supplies,the large-sized drainer with slots holding more than 20 dishes and more than 32 bowls.
|Dimensions:||36.5 x 11.5 x 31 inches|
|Material:||304 stainless steel|
This rack for drying dishes from HEOMU makes it easy to place a lot of items at once and drain the water straight into the sink.
It comes in two color variants – black and silver – and help you to save tons of space and time by making it easier to access various utensils and supplies in a single place.
You also get a full one-year warranty for any manufacturer defect. The 304 stainless steel is sturdy and prevents rust flawlessly. You can also adjust the height and width of the HEOMU dish dryer rack to help fit the dimensions of their sink.
The HEOMU Over The Sink is a well-made drying rack for dishes and other things as well, like flower pots.
With so much space at your disposal, you can hang a lot of things to dry at once, and thanks to the over-the-sink design, the water will always go straight down the drain.
2. Best dish drying rack for light duty: Sweet Home Collection Dish Drainer
- Set includes one dish rack, one plastic cutlery caddie, and one drain board
- The plastic cutlery caddie has two spaces for convenience and safety. This allows you to separate your silverware or flatware when dishwashing.
- This set measures 12" x 19" x 5" and has separate slots for plates and cups and bowls.
|Dimensions:||11 x 11 x 4 inches|
With vinyl coated wire racks for dishes and cups plus a cutlery caddy, the Sweet Home Dish Drainer is an affordable dish drying rack.
With a durable metal and plastic design, this set is built to last for light duty loads. It’s a perfect addition for small kitchens or for people who don’t need to dry too many dishes at once.
Despite its small size, however, the Sweet Home Collection Drainer can hold pots and pans quite nicely. We like it because it comes at an extremely affordable price for what it can do. Users also appreciated the company’s fast delivery time and genuine customer support.
The Sweet Home Collection Dish Drainer has a moisture tray that drains directly into adjacent sink for convenient water disposal.
It’s a good addition for homes with two or three people, or for buyers who have one of the best drying dishwashers and only need to dry a few dishes every now and then.
1. Best dish drying rack overall: PremiumRacks Professional Dish Rack
- FULLY CUSTOMIZABLE- With two different style drainboards, a microfiber mat, three separate cup holder attachments & a cutting board attachment that can be placed at your choosing. The top shelf of the unit can be flipped from side to side, moved from front to back, or taken off completely, totally up to you. It also comes with a wide utensil holder and a knife holder attachment which can have its top removed to hold sponges or more utensils. All units now come with new side drainage (see video).
- 304 STAINLESS STEEL- This dish rack is made of a high quality 304 stainless steel. This high grade 304 stainless steel has excellent resistance to a wide range of atmospheric environments (coastal areas) and can withstand corrosion from most oxidizing acids. That durability makes 304 easy to sanitize, and therefore ideal for kitchen and food applications. This high-grade stainless steel will prevent rust and will last through the roughest of conditions. The product passed a 24-hour salt test.
- PERFECT TO IMPRESS YOUR GUESTS- Yes, quality does matter! (especially when you are trying to impress someone) Don't just get another cheap dish rack. Get one that will last a lifetime and will provide value to your family.
|Dimensions:||17.5 x 13.9 x 6 inches|
|Material:||304 Stainless Steel|
Not even the best dishwasher can dry all dishes completely every single time.
Fortunately, the PremiumRacks Dish Rack is a sturdy accessory for this exact need. Made out of powerful 304 steel, this premium dish drying rack offers you the possibility to assemble it however you see fit.
Its double decker design offers versatility, form, and function with two drain boards, a cutting board attachment, one microfiber mat, knife holder, utensil holder, cutting board attachment, and three cup holders. That’s a lot of things considering the PremiumRacks Professional’s price point.
The PremiumRacks Professional Dish Rack is sturdy and highly customizable.
Although it’s a little more difficult to assemble than many other units, the quality it offers for the price is unbeatable.
Frequently asked questions
Do I need a dish drying rack?
Even if you have a dishwasher, you’ve probably noticed that not all dishes come out dry.
Instead of using a towel, you should let them air dry, since towel drying doesn’t completely eradicate moisture. Drying on a rack is more time-consuming but requires less work. And you won’t risk infecting dishes with dust or bacteria that might be lurking on the towel.
How do you keep dish racks from rusting?
The best way to prevent dish racks from rusting is to clean them regularly. Let’s take a look at how easy this process is.
- Fill the bathtub with hot water and vinegar
- Place the dish rack inside, submerge it entirely and let it sit for about 15 to 30 minutes
- After the dirt or rust buildup has gone away, use a scrub brush to clean it in its entirety
- Finally, use a clean towel to dry the rack completely.
Are dish racks sanitary?
As long as your dish drying rack drains the water into the sink instead of keeping it stored into a compartment, then it’s as sanitary as it can get.
In the event you find mold on your dish rack, wash it immediately using the above-mentioned method. If your dish rack is made out of wood, then spray a vinegar and hot water solution onto it and scrub thoroughly with a clean towel after you’ve let it sit for 15-30 minutes.
Can I put my dish drying rack in the dishwasher?
Generally speaking, metal or plastic-coated dish racks are safe to toss it in the dishwasher.
But if you have one made from wood, we don’t recommend doing so because it will dry it out and cause it to break.
Always make sure to check the labels on the box that your drying rack came in. They will tell you if it’s safe to put in the dishwasher or not.
In our opinion, the best dish drying rack is the PremiumRacks Professional, and it has earned this spot through clever and sturdy design choices.
However, all the models on this list have their strengths and weaknesses. Take your time to note each one’s properties and choose the dish drying rack for your budget and needs.