If you’re looking for an eco-friendly dishwasher detergent, you’ve come to the right place, as we have a slew of relevant selections along with detailed reviews of each product.
We will showcase products from multiple producers and rank them based on value, user ratings, efficiency, and the ingredients used. With that said and done, let’s gets it started with our basic rankings and detailed reviews.
- 1 Best Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent (Updated List)
- 1.1 7. Puracy Platinum Dishwasher Detergent Pods
- 1.2 6. Beyond Natural Dishwasher Tablets
- 1.3 5. Dropps Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent Pods
- 1.4 4. Palmolive Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent Gel
- 1.5 3. Ecover Automatic Dishwasher Soap Tablets
- 1.6 2. Seventh Generation Dishwasher Detergent Packs
- 1.7 1. Seventh Generation Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent Gel
- 2 Final Thoughts
Best Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent (Updated List)
Before getting into the rankings, let’s take a quick look at our top 3 picks for the best eco-friendly dishwasher detergent. All of them perform outstandingly well.
As mentioned earlier, we chose these three options based on several factors ranging from efficiency to value and the ingredients used. Afterward, we’ll be diving into the actual rankings in descending order so you’ll have an easier time choosing what’s the best option for your specific needs.
7. Puracy Platinum Dishwasher Detergent Pods
- Plant-Powered Performance: Advanced plant-derived enzymes quickly target and break down stubborn foods and stains without the need to pre-soak or pre-rinse (scrape, don’t rinse)
- No Spots or Residues: No matter how hard your water is, our 3rd generation formula will thoroughly clean and rinse free without any notable spots (note: some clear plastic materials should be wiped with towel to remove water droplets)
- Use with All Dishwasher-Safe Items: Clear results on ceramic, baby bottles, toys, pots, pans, casserole dishes, glass, plastic, silicone, crystal, porcelain, metals, and any surface safe to be cleaned in the dishwasher
|Fragrance:||No Fragrances or Dyes|
An eco-friendly dishwasher detergent that’s 99.5%. In short, that’s what the Puracy Platinum Pods are. They are brilliant against small loads and in harsh hard water conditions.
The Puracy Pods are also cruelty-free, derived from natural enzymes, and are wrapped in a soluble film. Also, some other impressive attributes that they share are as follows: plant-derived, hypoallergenic, gluten-free, biodegradable, made in America. You can most likely tell that it’s a product where care and quality are on top.
The Puracy Detergent Pods is 99.5% natural, way more than many other similar products. These tabs were developed by a chemist with more than 20 years of experience.
They were based on his experience with alternatives to harsh chemicals. Because of this, you can be sure about their effectiveness and the value they bring.
6. Beyond Natural Dishwasher Tablets
|Fragrance:||No Fragrances or Dyes|
What we like about the Beyond Tabs is their ability to break down hardened food bits and greatly reduce the effects of hard water.
This USDA-certified bio-product is organic, comes with a soluble film, and is highly effective. It is without a doubt one of the best eco-friendly dishwasher detergents out there. Furthermore, they are designed to clean well in short wash cycles. As such, the Beyond Natural Dishwasher Tablets are highly desirable for environmentalists who want clean dishes.
The Beyond Dishwasher Tabs have the unique selling point of being eco-friendly and having a built-in rinse aid.
Their efficiency is ferocious as long as the dish load is limited. You can save a lot of water in the long run this way. And it’s way more environmentally-friendly.
5. Dropps Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent Pods
- POWERFUL & EFFECTIVE: Powers away 24-hour baked on food and tough stains. Glasses so sparkly and dishes so clean you can eat off them. Literally.
- NO PRE WASH NEEDED: Skip the pre-wash and save water on every load. Deep cleans to keep your family healthy and safe. Leaves no residue or fragrance on your dishes.
- THOUGHTFULLY FORMULATED: Manufactured in the USA with powerful, sustainable, mineral-based ingredients. Never tested on animals. Free from chlorine, dyes, phosphates, and phthalates.
|Quantity:||25 or 120 Count|
One eco-friendly dishwasher detergent that markets itself as such is the one from Dropps. Their pods are made without dyes, chlorine, phosphates, and they’re never tested on animals.
As far as we’re concerned, these are some of the best dishwasher detergent pods we’ve seen. The Dropps Dishwasher Detergent Pods will dissolve food debris, fight stains, and make your dishes sparkle like new. And one more thing: you can skip the pre-wash altogether. Thus, these pods help you save even more water.
The Dropps Detergent Pods are powerful, eco-friendly, and affordable. They might not be cheap, but they’re fairly priced for the count.
We like them because even the packaging is made with eco-friendliness in mind. And lastly, this product was never tested on animals. As such, we recommend it without a shadow of a doubt.
4. Palmolive Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent Gel
- Liquid dishwasher detergent that whisks away dirt, grease, and grime
- Friendly to lakes and streams
- Fresh Lemon scent
|Quantity:||3 x 45 Oz|
You may have heard of this brand due to their laundry detergent lineup. However, the Palmolive Lemon Splash is an amazing eco-friendly dishwasher detergent.
The fresh lemon scent is so captivating that almost anyone will surely like it. It gives a fresh vibe to any dish load, no matter the size. Furthermore, the Palmolive Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent Gel retails for a fantastically low price given how much you’re receiving. With so much detergent at hand, you’re practically guaranteed to wash a few month’s worth of dishwasher loads.
The Palmolive Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent Gel is a great choice for those looking for a viable non-toxic cleaning solution for their dishes.
If you aren’t bothered by using a gel and having to manually measure how much you put in the detergent dispenser every time, then you’re going to love this affordable and efficient option.
3. Ecover Automatic Dishwasher Soap Tablets
- Powers away stuck on food & gets dishes sparkling clean
The biodegradable and phosphate-free formula provided by the Ecover Dishwasher Detergent is completely eco-friendly. It provides a cleaning experience that matches even that of more known brands at a good price.
With 45 such tablets, this specific Ecover Detergent package practically guarantees at least a few week’s worth of clean dishes. As such, you get more than your money’s worth when compared to other similar detergents. And especially when compared to big brand names.
The Ecover Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent Tablets offer much-needed value for the money. Despite coming in plastic non-soluble wrappers, the tabs are otherwise highly efficient.
They do a great job of cleaning even stuck-on food and grease. As such, we consider them to be a great bargain deal for people who prefer dishwasher detergent tablets over anything else.
2. Seventh Generation Dishwasher Detergent Packs
- Enzyme rich formula cuts through tough grease and food residue to leave dishes sparkling clean
- Free of fragrances, dyes, phosphates, and chlorine bleach
- Convenient single dose dishwasher pods, just toss right into the dishwasher
|Quantity:||2 x 45 pacs|
Seventh Generation is one of the leading brands when it comes to natural dishwasher detergents. As such, there is no surprise that we have also included them on this list.
The dishwasher packs remove even dried stuck-on food remains. With only one or two packs per wash load, you’ll get clean dishes without fragrances, dyes, and other nasty stuff. Furthermore, the Seventh Generation Eco-Friendly Detergent Packs’ enzyme-rich formula targets even bacteria and pathogens when paired with hot water.
The Seventh Generation Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent Packs come in a convenient package that can be resealed. Each pack is encased in a synthetic water-soluble film for convenient dispersal.
Released back in 2016, this particular detergent has stood the test of time. It is both eco-friendly and incredibly powerful. The only thing keeping it from being number one is the somewhat high price for the count.
1. Seventh Generation Eco-Friendly Dishwasher Detergent Gel
- Seventh Generation Lemon Dishwasher Detergent Gel advanced cleaning technology cuts through grease leaving dishes streak-free and sparkling clean
- A dishwasher detergent with a safe* and effective formula made with plant-based ingredients
- This Dishwasher gel is free of synthetic fragrances, chlorine, phosphate, and dyes
|Quantity:||6 x 42 Oz|
Lacking any sort of harsh ingredients such as chlorine, bleach, or dyes, the Seventh Generation Detergent Gel gets the job done at minimal costs and zero risks associated with septic systems or freshwater systems for that matter.
This plant-derived gel also features a natural water softener. As such, you’ll no longer have trouble with hard water. Even better, the Seventh Generation Dishwasher Gel has a plant-derived pH adjuster. That means zero risks of it becoming too acidic or too alkaline for the environment or for the dishwasher.
The Seventh Generation Gel is our top pick for the best eco-friendly dishwasher detergent because of its affordability, effectiveness, and the long-running quality offered by the brand.
In short, as long as you don’t mind using liquid dishwasher detergent, you should be very pleased with this offering. Also, do take note that for hardened food bits, a little pre-scrubbing and pre-rinsing is still required.
These were the best eco-friendly dishwasher detergent options we could on the entire internet marketplace as of now.
Whichever one you end up choosing, you’ll be doing your part for the environment, and you’ll be able to enjoy having clean dishes without the use of harsh chemicals. With that said, we wish you the best of luck with whichever product you end up purchasing!