If you’re looking for an energy-efficient dishwasher, we’ve gathered some of the most reliable and affordable models on the market today.
Whichever one of the dishwasher models you’ll end up choosing from this list, you’ll be glad to see that it does an overall fantastic job at a relatively low operational cost.
- 1 Best Energy Efficient Dishwasher (Updated List)
- 1.1 11. Aikoper Compact Energy Efficient Dishwasher
- 1.2 10. MOOSOO MX30 Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.3 9. Furrion 18-Inch Energy Efficient Built-In RV Dishwasher
- 1.4 8. Frigidaire FFCD2418US 24 Inch Built-In Dishwasher
- 1.5 7. Sharp SDW6757ES 24-Inch Dishwasher with Tall Tub
- 1.6 6. NOVETE TDQR01 Energy Efficient Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.7 5. Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.8 4. SPT SD-9263W: 18-Inch Energy Star Portable Dishwasher
- 1.9 3. Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.10 2. EdgeStar BIDW1802SS 18 Inch Energy Star Built-In Dishwasher
- 1.11 1. EdgeStar DWP62SV Energy Star Countertop Dishwasher
- 2 Frequently asked questions
- 3 Final Thoughts
Best Energy Efficient Dishwasher (Updated List)
Before getting into the rankings, here are our top three pics for the best energy efficient dishwasher.
As you can tell from the specifications and pricing, you’re getting a really sweet deal that will save you even more money in the long run.
11. Aikoper Compact Energy Efficient Dishwasher
- For Your Convenience - When it comes to filling this smart dishwasher with water, you can choose manual or automatic option. The automatic option will fill the built-in 6L tank hands-free. If you want to get a dishwasher without changing your kitchen structure, a dishwasher with manual refill mode is your ideal options. You can refill the tank through the top water inlet. Note that the faucet is not part of the package.
- 5 Cleaning Modes - This countertop dishwasher features 5 cleaning modes (Normal, Hygiene, Fruit, Glass & Rapid). Additionally, thanks to the two 360° rotating spray arms that clean at every angle, including some tough to reach spots, it cleans your utensils thoroughly.
- Special Mode For Your Healthy - This portable dishwasher with hygiene mode can heat the water over 158℉ twice(Up to 162℉) for cleaning oil and stain removal better, and ensure spotless cleaning and stain removal. Make you feel relived and secure to use your utensils in your daily life.
|Dimensions:||23.25 x 22 x 21 inches|
With an auto-opening door, ventilated storage option, and plenty of other nice amenities, the Aikoper Dishwasher is a great option for people who want to spend less money on their energy and water bills in the long run.
Looking over the feature set, you’ll find a lot of things to justify its purchase. However, there is one thing we need to tell you before buying it: be aware that your unit might have some leftover water from the testing.
Aikoper have done a great job with this dishwasher, as it has very few defects considering the price and the options that you get when purchasing it.
10. MOOSOO MX30 Countertop Dishwasher
- UNIQUE OUTLOOK & TEMPERED GLASS PANEL: This built-in dishwasher adopts the most avant-garde design, the round touch electronic controls with LED display, easy to operate and set up. And the whole black tempered glass fuselage, sleek and durable, complements the kitchen decoration of any American home
- 5 WASHING PROGRAMS: The portable dishwasher features 5 washing modes (Eco, Usual, Intense, Rapid, Glass ) to choose from. The lower and upper spray arms provide dishes, vegetables, and fruit with 360° all-around and deep cleaning. And the water temperature can be as high as 158°F to achieve disinfection effect
- 3-IN-1 FUNCTION: Featuring a HOT AIR DRYING mode, this compact dishwasher can be used as a dishwasher, dryer, and cabinet, taking good care of your dishes and glassware; 60 minutes of hot air drying will automatically start after the wash cycle is finished, keeping your dishes dry and odorless, easy to access at any time
|Dimensions:||17.7 x 21.7 x 19.7 inches|
|Noise level:||56 dB|
First thing’s first: we want to get something out of the way. The only reason that this dishwasher doesn’t rank higher on this list is that it’s a completely new entry on the market. Literally nobody has had the time to test it for the long run. Otherwise, we’re greatly impressed by the energy efficiency of the MOOSOO MX30 Dishwasher.
One thing that stands out about this dishwasher is the fact that it has two spray arms – one on the bottom, and on the ceiling of the tub. They work in tandem to create a spiraling spray of water that covers the entire surface of the dishes much better. Moreover, it provides up to 7000 Pa of pressure to get every bit of food off your plate. As for energy efficiency, the MX30 has a wattage of 870 watts.
Considering everything we’ve showcased about the MOOSOO MX30, we can clearly tell that it’s just as impressive as it is totally new on the market.
We’re curious to see what this company will put out in the future. From the packaging all the way to the installation, it works wonders for households of up to three people who want something as energy efficient as possible.
9. Furrion 18-Inch Energy Efficient Built-In RV Dishwasher
No products found.
|Dimensions:||17.5 x 22.88 x 33.31 inches|
|Noise level:||49 dB|
A built-in yet portable model is the 18-inch dishwasher from Furrion. How come? Because it’s made specifically for the RV life.
It can handle bumpy roads with ease even when it’s running a wash cycle. The Furrion model is the perfect dishwasher to save energy and space on your RV with this compact, Energy Star certified appliance.
One thing anyone can appreciate about this model is the three-part filter that effectively protects the pump from massive hardened food bits and makes it easier for you to wash the stainless steel interior tub whenever needed. It’s a convenient, easy to use addition to any road trip. And it’s also the best choice for people who live in an RV.
The Furrion 18-Inch Built-In RV Dishwasher is an amazing choice if you have an RV and like traveling often on bumpy roads or even off-road.
We like the fact that despite its compact size it can hold plates of up to 10 inches in diameter. Plus the 3-part system keeps waste at bay and it’s easy to clean.
8. Frigidaire FFCD2418US 24 Inch Built-In Dishwasher
- Filtration System - Self-cleaning filter eliminates food particles, keeping dishes clean.
- Stay-Put Door - The door stays put at whatever angle you open it for easy loading and unloading.
- Heated Drying System - Heating element helps dry your dishes the first time.
|Dimensions:||36 x 25 x 24 inches|
|Noise level:||55 dB|
Frigidaire is one of the most appreciated dishwasher brands out there, and the FFCD2418US doesn’t disappoint in the slightest.
Featuring NSF certification, a resistant door hinge system, and a stainless steel interior tub among others, the Frigidaire FFCD2418US is an economical 24-inch dishwasher that only requires an estimated 270 kWh per year of energy use.
It’s got all the basic necessities that a reliable dishwasher needs and the top-notch reliability that people have come to expect from a brand like Frigidaire. If you want to see all the reasons we like it in detail, check out this review.
The Frigidaire FFCD2418US can easily climb up any of the best 24-inch dishwasher lists.
It’s sturdy and reliable while still maintaining a fairly affordable price considering all its features and capacity.
7. Sharp SDW6757ES 24-Inch Dishwasher with Tall Tub
- Capacity: 14 Place Settings
- Cycles: 7
- Noise Level: 45 dBA
|Dimensions:||23.87 x 33.87 x 26.46 inches|
|Noise level:||45 dB|
If you want a full-fledged energy efficient dishwasher model without going overboard on the initial price, your best bet is the Sharp SDW6757ES.
It has a 3rd spray arm, easy gliding racks, an adjustable and removable third rack, plus a dual-stage filtration system and a child lock to prevent unwanted button presses. Furthermore, the tub is made out of stainless steel and features two interior LED lights to help you place dishes efficiently at night.
Also, the Sharp SDW6757ES could easily make it onto our list of the best dishwashers on the market considering the price-to-value ratio and the brand’s proven reliability over the years. However, it’s a relatively new model, so we’ll have to wait and see how it will hold up under constant heavy stress.
The Sharp SDW6757ES Dishwasher consumes only an estimated 249 kWh per year – a great energy-saving rate for a full 24-inch model.
Furthermore, it has quite a few high-end features considering its somewhat lower price when compared to similar dishwasher models from the Bosch lineup.
6. NOVETE TDQR01 Energy Efficient Countertop Dishwasher
- 【SMALL SIZE, LARGE CAPACITY】This portable dishwasher only measures 16.9 x 16.8 x 18.1 inches, but holds 4 full place settings and fits up to 12" dishes loaded at an angle, easily meeting daily needs for a family of 3-4; the double-layer design offers enough space for 4 x serving bowls, 4 x cups, 4 x small plates, 4 x dinner plates, 7 x spoons, 7 x forks and 7 x knives; perfect for small-sized houses, apartments, dorms, boats, and campers/RVs
- 【NO INSTALLATION NEEDED】This countertop dishwasher supports 2 water supply modes, including a faucet mode and water tank mode; a built-in 5 L water tank allows instant use when fully filled. The automatic water level indicator lets you know when the correct water level has been reached; to use the faucet mode, simply connect the water inlet hose to the machine and faucet
- 【BABY CARE MODE】This compact dishwasher offers 5 wash cycles - Normal, Speed, ECO, Baby Care/Heavy, and Fruit; the Baby Care/Heavy mode with 167 °F washing temperature is suitable for baby products and oily tableware, which rinses them thoroughly and gives glassware a sparkling clean finish
|Dimensions:||16.86 × 16.75 × 18.05 inches|
|Noise level:||50 dB|
A completely brand new entry on the market, the NOVETE TDQR01 Countertop Dishwasher comes with some nice features.
First off, it comes with a 1.3-gallon built-in tank so you don’t need to bother hooking it up to the faucet. Secondly, the dual-layered glass door allows the unit to start a 60-minute drying mode without damaging the interior. Furthermore, the interior LED light illuminates efficiently whenever you open the dishwasher door.
Finally, the NOVETE TDQR01 Energy Efficient Dishwasher is small yet fits plates up to 12 inches in diameter as long as you place them at an angle. And it also comes with a cutlery basket that can fit one glass, as well as four spoons, knives, and forks each.
The NOVETE TDQR01 Energy Efficient Countertop Dishwasher does a fantastic job overall, with its only “downside” being that it’s a brand new model from a non-dishwasher specific company.
Otherwise, we would’ve ranked a bit higher on our list considering its highly affordable price tag and set of features that even more expensive dishwashers seem to lack.
5. Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Countertop Dishwasher
- QUALITY CONTROL NOTE All dishwashers are factory tested to ensure proper operation As a result it is normal for small amounts of residual water to be found in the unit
- COMPACT DESIGN: This convenient dishwasher can fit a variety of dishes (up to 12-inches in diameter at an angle) and is ideal for small-sized houses, apartments, dorms, boats and campers/RVs
- NO HOOKUPS NEEDED: If you want the advantage of portability and storage, this dishwasher gives you the choice to fill the built-in tank so you don't need a water hookup. Water hose is included for a direct water hookup to kitchen faucet (adapter not included)
|Dimensions:||17.3 x 16.5 x 17.3 inches|
|Noise level:||60 dB|
Most people wouldn’t expect a non-dishwasher brand to create a model that does a great job while simultaneously conserving a significant amount of energy.
Yet here we have the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Countertop Dishwasher that does just that. It’s highly affordable while still doing an amazing job of washing and drying dishes. It can raise temperature up to 158 degrees Fahrenheit to completely sanitize baby bottles and other dishes.
Also, the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA comes with a built-in 5-liter tank that’s easy and convenient to use. If you’re one of those people who don’t want to bother even with simple plumbing, you’ll adore this feature. And it doesn’t stop there. Read our full review to find out all the impressive details.
The Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Countertop Dishwasher would’ve ranked much higher on our list had it not been for the limited capacity of just two place settings.
Otherwise, as long as there are only two or three people in your household, it’s unlikely you’ll get overwhelmed by having to wash multiple times a day. And the included fruit basket and specific wash cycle are sure to be a good selling point for many people.
4. SPT SD-9263W: 18-Inch Energy Star Portable Dishwasher
- SD-9263W: 18″ Energy Star Portable Dishwasher - WHITE
- Capacity: 8 place setting
- 6 Wash programs: Heavy, Normal, Eco, Glass, 90 Min, Rapid
|Dimensions:||23.63 x 17.64 x 35.63 inches|
|Noise level:||52 dB|
At a consumption rate of just 237 kWh per year, you can clearly see why this portable dishwasher is worth the already low asking price.
In short, the SPT SD-9263W is not only affordable but will also save you a significant amount of money in the long run. Despite the fact that it comes with just six washing programs, they are all well-thought-out for a variety of situations ranging from heavily-soiled pots and pans to fragile glasses.
One other thing we like is that it has a rinse aid warning indicator that tells you when it’s time to fill the dispenser again. And to top it all off, the SPT SD-9263W energy efficient dishwasher also has a residual heat drying system that does a more than decent job.
The SPT SD-9263W Portable Dishwasher is an Energy Star efficient dishwasher that comes at a low price and achieves great washing and drying results.
It’s a great improvement over the previous SPT portable dishwashers thanks to the enhanced digital display and the alert system that reminds you to fill the rinse aid dispenser accordingly.
3. Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA Countertop Dishwasher
- Dimensions: Depth - Door Shut (with Handle): 21.7" | Depth - Door Shut (without Handle): 20" | Depth With Door Open 90 Degrees: 29" | Dishwasher Size: 21" | Height - Maximum: 17.2" | Height - Minimum: 17.2" | Product Depth: 21.7" | Product Height: 17.2" | Product Width: 19.7" | Product Weight: 44.1 lb
- Six-place setting: the six-place setting capacity allows you to wash a variety of dishes (up to 10-inches in diameter) and includes folding down rack shelves and a cutlery basket
- Quick installation: Features a quick connect assembly with accessories and adapters included to easily connect directly to your faucet
|Dimensions:||21.7 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches|
|Noise level:||54 dB|
One of the best budget dishwashers out there is the Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA.
It has seven washing programs that offer options ranging from light to heavy loads, as well as a self-cleaning program to make it easier for you to maintain your appliance.
Furthermore, the Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA offers a variety of other benefits that might entice you to give it a chance. If you want to know more about why we like this particular dishwasher model so much, check out our full review.
The Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA is a fantastic energy-efficient dishwasher that delivers on all its promises.
With such an affordable price tag, high efficiency, and low energy consumption of just an estimated 203 kWh per year, you can’t go wrong by choosing this model.
2. EdgeStar BIDW1802SS 18 Inch Energy Star Built-In Dishwasher
- Accommodates up to eight (8) place settings and features a silverware basket and cup tray
- Six (6) Wash Cycles: Heavy, Normal, ECO, Glass, Rapid, and Rinse; Three (3) Options: Sanitize, Hi Temp, Heated Dry
- At only 17.75 inches wide, using this unit to replace an older appliance such as a trash compactor is a great option.
|Dimensions:||22.44 x 17.63 x 32.5 inches|
|Noise level:||52 dB|
If you’re in the market for an energy-efficient 18-inch dishwasher, look no further than the EdgeStar BIDW1802SS.
While some may be turned off by the lack of a 3rd rack, it’s an otherwise fairly spacious dishwasher considering its size. And even so, the included silverware basket can hold a significant amount of cutlery and small utensils.
Furthermore, the EdgeStar BIDW1802SS Built-In Dishwasher comes at a relatively low price considering its noise level and other features. You’d be hard-pressed to find a more energy efficient model with these characteristics.
The EdgeStar BIDW1802SS is one of the best compact dishwashers out there and, simultaneously, one of the most reliable models that consume less energy.
At an estimated rating of just 234 kWh per year, you’ll barely notice an increase in your monthly energy bills. Furthermore, its quietness compared to similarly-priced dishwashers is amazing.
1. EdgeStar DWP62SV Energy Star Countertop Dishwasher
- Six (6) standard place setting capacity / Includes dish rack, cup shelf, and cutlery basket
- Holds plates up to 10.5" in diameter / Seven (7) wash cycles / Quick connect adapter fits standard sized kitchen faucets / Beautiful digital display
- Stainless steel interior / Fits under most cabinetry / Water consumption (normal wash): 2.85 gallons
|Dimensions:||19.63 x 21.63 x 17.31 inches|
|Noise level:||52.3 dB|
When talking about the best energy efficient dishwasher, we couldn’t overlook the EdgeStar DWP62SV.
Considering that it comes from one of the most appreciated dishwasher brands, it’s one of the most reliable models out there that might last you a very long time.
Also, the EdgeStar DWP62SV Countertop Dishwasher performs excellently with its seven different wash cycles that cover everything from hardened food stains to light washes for fragile dishes. On top of that, despite its size, it can hold plates up to 10.5 inches in diameter, which is fairly impressive. And the stainless steel tube protects the interior from rust, mold, and cracks.
The EdgeStar DWP62SV Countertop Dishwasher is our number one pick for the best energy efficient dishwasher at an estimated 203 kWh yearly energy consumption.
As long as you’re not bothered by using a countertop model instead of a full-fledged dishwasher, it’s your best bet at getting clean dishes while also saving a considerable amount of money on energy bills.
Frequently asked questions
Which dishwasher is the most energy efficient?
As you can tell from the list above, we’ve ranked the EdgeStar DWP62SV as the most energy efficient dishwasher because we also took into consideration price, features, and overall reliability.
Are dishwashers more energy efficient than washing by hand?
Washing by hand consumes no electricity. However, when you take water consumption into consideration, you’ll find that your bills will be overall much smaller when investing in a good dishwasher, especially one with an Energy Star rating.
Should you run the dishwasher every day?
Not necessarily. It all depends on how many dishes you need to wash and how much you eat at home.
When choosing the best energy-efficient dishwasher, you should also take into consideration other specifications that match what you want.
Now that you’ve seen what are the pros and cons of the most efficient models, you’ll have a much easier time selecting the one that best fits your budget and needs.