The best rated dishwashers on the market today offer a set of amazing features for a decent price-to-value ratio.
We’ve gathered the dishwashers that had some of the best ratings and user feedback on reliable online retailer websites, as well as professional reviewers from the industry.
- 1 Best Rated Dishwashers (Updated List)
- 1.1 12. CalmDo XT601 Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.2 11. Danby DDW1804EBSS 18-Inch Built-In Dishwasher
- 1.3 10. Amana ADB1400AGS 24 Inch Full Console Built-In Dishwasher
- 1.4 9. Bosch SHEM63W55N 24″ 300 Series Built In Dishwasher with 5 Wash Cycles
- 1.5 8. BLACK+DECKER BCD6W 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.6 7. SPT SD-9263W: 18″ Energy Star Portable Dishwasher
- 1.7 6. SoloRock 6 Settings Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.8 5. Sunpentown SD-2213W Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.9 4. Farberware FCD06ASWWHC Countertop Dishwasher
- 1.10 3. EdgeStar BIDW1802SS 18 Inch Built-In Dishwasher
- 1.11 2. Bosch SHP865ZD5N 500 Series 24 Inch Built In Dishwasher
- 1.12 1. hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- 2 Frequently Asked Questions
- 3 Final Thoughts on the Best Rated Dishwashers
Best Rated Dishwashers (Updated List)
Before we get into the actual rankings, here are the top three choices based not only on ratings but also on the features that they offer for their price.
These top-rated dishwashers are a good choice for anyone looking to invest in quality while also spending their money wisely. After these, you can go down below to see other models that are just as appreciated by their users and critics.
12. CalmDo XT601 Countertop Dishwasher
No products found.
|Dimensions:||17.44 x 15.98 x 18.3 inches|
If you live alone and want a compact yet versatile dishwasher, then we highly recommend the CalmDo XT601.
It only requires five liters of water to do its job and it’s energy-efficient as well. Furthermore, the XT601 has multiple functions and settings that should satisfy a small kitchen apartment’s needs. No wonder it’s one of the best rated dishwashers currently on the market.
All in all, the CalmDo XT601 is a new and highly promising dishwasher that can do a lot of stuff considering its fairly modest price tag.
Considering how many things it does right, we think that this is truly an impressive first outing for such a young brand. We’re looking forward for more!
11. Danby DDW1804EBSS 18-Inch Built-In Dishwasher
- Space saving 18” wide built in dishwasher for compact space living
- 8 place setting capacity and silverware basket
- Dimensions: 17 11/16" W x 22 13/16" D x 32 8/16" H | Max Adjustable Product Height: 34 7/16"
|Dimensions:||22.81 x 17.69 x 32.5 inches|
Rated at just 52 decibels, the DDW1804EBSS manages to stay relatively quiet for a dishwasher of this size. Not only that, but it manages to stay within budget-friendly limits as well.
One of the many things we like about it is the sanitization feature that increases the water temperature up to 156 degrees Fahrenheit for reliable sterilization. On top of that, the Danby DDW1804EBSS is also compliant to pretentious energy and water efficiency standards, so it will save you quite a lot of cash in the long run.
Overall, we think that the Danby DDW1804EBSS is well worth the money considering the brand’s resiliency and quality.
It’s no surprise that this model is one of the best rated dishwashers currently available on the market since it offers a lot of excellent features and efficiency for a budget-oriented price.
10. Amana ADB1400AGS 24 Inch Full Console Built-In Dishwasher
- Triple Filter Wash System
- 12-Place Setting Capacity
- 63 Decibel Level
|Dimensions:||23 x 24 x 34 inches|
With a price tag of just a little above $300, the Amana ADB1400AGS 24 Inch Full Console Built-In Dishwasher helps you clear off every crumb thanks to the Triple Filter Wash System.
It has two racks made out of solid construction and a silverware basket that can fit a decent number of utensils. Although lacking in the number of wash cycles, the three that you do get will serve you well.
Furthermore, the Amana ADB1400AGS 24 Inch Full Console Built-In Dishwasher has two drying options: heated dry and hi-temp wash. Both of them work great and will dry out most of your dishes impressively well for a dishwasher at this price point.
The Amana ADB1400AGS 24 Inch Full Console Built-In Dishwasher might not be one of the best Amana dishwashers out there, but you can’t complain about what you get for such a ridiculously low price.
The best rated dishwashers at just around 300 dollars are the countertop or portable models, while this one is a full-fledged, full console, built-in dishwasher with 12 place settings.
9. Bosch SHEM63W55N 24″ 300 Series Built In Dishwasher with 5 Wash Cycles
|Dimensions:||37 x 27 x 27 inches|
The Bosch SHEM63W55N 24″ 300 Series Built is on many people list of the best Bosch dishwashers for several reasons.
It features PrecisionWash intelligent sensors and precision spray arms that target hard to clean spots individually, making it one of the most reliable dishwashers when it comes to giving out squeaky-clean dishes.
With its powerful water-heating capabilities, the Bosch SHEM63W55N 24″ dishwasher also meets NSF standards on sanitization, eliminating more than 99% of bacteria while also enhancing the drying process overall.
The Bosch 300 series SHEM63W55N dishwasher offers 16 place settings and 5 well-thought-out wash cycles.
It features many of Bosch’s patented technologies, which make it reliable, convenient, and durable. Best of all, it’s almost as good as high end dishwashers, while still managing to keep a price way below $1,000.
8. BLACK+DECKER BCD6W 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher
- 7 SUPERIOR WASH CYCLES: With this incredible BLACK+DECKER portable dishwasher, you find the right wash cycle that works for you and your dishes. Our 7 wash cycles for this 21.5” x 21.7” x 17.2” dishwasher machine include: Normal, Intensive, Eco, Glass, 90 Minutes, Rapid & Soak. Save water and time in the kitchen cleaning by letting this stainless steel dishwasher do all the hard work.
- LED DISPLAY: Set your wash cycle and time with ease thanks to this intuitive dish washer LED display. Thanks to its easy-to-navigate electronic touch controls, you can see remaining cycle time and even delay start time. Child lock included with portable dish washing machine to secure maximum safety.
- QUICK CONNECT: Hook up your must-have white dishwasher with a seamless Quick Connect assembly, hooking right up to the faucet. No need for direct plumbing or permanent installation. With this portable dishwasher, you conveniently connect when you need clean dishes and disconnect when not in use.
|Dimensions:||24.8 x 23.3 x 21 inches|
If you want a portable dishwasher with a 24-hour delay start option, one of the best rated models you can get is the BLACK+DECKER BCD6W 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher.
This is one of the best rated dishwashers that also manages to somehow fit a cutlery basket in an otherwise portable, compact design.
The BLACK+DECKER BCD6W 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher also comes with a child safety lock and an energy-efficient Energy Star rating. This makes it ideal for people living in rented apartments who want top-notch quality for as little money as possible.
The BLACK+DECKER BCD6W 6 Place Setting Countertop Dishwasher is overall an excellent choice and a worthy dishwasher for cramped kitchens.
It ranks very high on Amazon’s countertop dishwasher category and also ranks high on several other websites where you can purchase this product. With numerous positive user reviews and excellent customer service from BLACK+DECKER, you can rest assured that you’re getting superior quality for the price.
7. SPT SD-9263W: 18″ Energy Star Portable Dishwasher
- SD-9263W: 18″ Energy Star Portable Dishwasher - WHITE
- Capacity: 8 place setting
- 6 Wash programs: Heavy, Normal, Eco, Glass, 90 Min, Rapid
|Dimensions:||23.6 x 17.6 x 35.6 inches|
Coming with a full panel control console, the SPT SD-9263W: 18″ Energy Star Portable Dishwasher manages to be portable and easy to control.
Because of the wheels located on the bottom, this dishwasher is extremely easy to move around, making it perfect for people who constantly change the place where they stay.
The SPT SD-9263W: 18″ Energy Star Portable Dishwasher has six intelligently-designed washing programs that are suitable for a wide variety of situations: Heavy, Normal, Eco, Glass, 90 Min, Rapid.
The SPT SD-9263W: 18″ Energy Star Portable Dishwasher ranks among the best rated portable dishwashers out there.
Its spacious cavity loads up to eight standard place settings for all of the family dish-washing needs. Best of all, the upper rack is adjustable, making it easy to organize dishes depending on their diameter. Besides, the easy to use controls allow you to customize the wash cycles to your liking.
6. SoloRock 6 Settings Countertop Dishwasher
|Dimensions:||22.1 x 19.7 x 17.3 inches|
An even more affordable best rated dishwasher than our previous listings, the SoloRock 6 Settings Countertop Dishwasher manages to impress with an easy to comprehend manual and seamless installation.
It comes with a 1-year warranty, inlet hose, drain hose, quick connector, and faucet adapter, so you’re getting everything you need right from the start.
The SoloRock 6 Settings Countertop Dishwasher has a stylish white exterior and a stainless steel interior that protects your dishes and the dishwasher’s insides from getting mold, rust, and other deteriorating elements.
The SoloRock 6 Settings Countertop Dishwasher is highly affordable and has the potential to compete with other excellent countertop dishwashers.
If you want an easy to install dishwasher that you can also take with you whenever you move out of your current rented apartment, this is an option that you should consider.
5. Sunpentown SD-2213W Countertop Dishwasher
- Generous capacity: Accommodates up to 6 standard place settings and dishware up to 10.25 inches in diameter.
- 6 wash cycles: Heavy, Normal, light, Miniparty, Rinse and Speed
- With a height of only 17.24″, this unit will fit between most countertop and cabinetry
|Dimensions:||21.6 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches|
SPT (Sunpentown) have reached out list yet again with another best rated model: the Sunpentown SD-2213W Countertop Dishwasher.
At only 43 pounds, and with a noise level of 55 dB, the Sunpentown SD-2213W Countertop Dishwasher can usually be found at less than $300, which makes it a bargain deal because it comes from one of the best dishwasher brands out there.
Like with all things from SPT, the Sunpentown SD-2213W Countertop Dishwasher is a reliable and easy to use appliance.
The majority of its reviews are favorable, and it has proven to be a durable dishwasher since it has been on the market for a few years now. Furthermore, the excellent customer service comes quickly with solutions to any problem, so you can rest assured that your investment will be worth it.
4. Farberware FCD06ASWWHC Countertop Dishwasher
- COMPACT DESIGN: This convenient dishwasher has a 6-place setting capacity, making it ideal for small-sized houses, apartments, dorms, boats and campers/RVs
- SIX-PLACE SETTING: The six-place setting capacity allows you to wash a variety of dishes (up to 10-inches in diameter) and includes folding down rack shelves and a cutlery basket
- QUICK INSTALLATION: Features a quick connect assembly with accessories and adapters included to easily connect directly to your faucet
|Dimensions:||21.7 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches|
Faberware’s new FCD06ASWWHC Countertop Dishwasher comes in three different versions: Glass Door, Stainless Digital, and White.
Its six place settings allow you to wash dishes of up to 10 inches in diameter, and it also includes folding down rack shelves and a cutlery basket, making it easy to load and unload.
Even better, the Farberware FCD06ASWWHC Countertop Dishwasher has a quick connect assembly with accessories and adapters included to easily connect directly to your faucet. And you’ll get full-size dishwasher cleaning in a countertop sized compact unit with its 6 reliable and well thought out washing programs.
Coming at a reasonable price for what it offers, the Farberware FCD06ASWWHC Countertop Dishwasher is a fantastic deal.
Since it’s so lightweight and compact, this is one of the best rated dishwashers that you can take with you anywhere, including dorms, small apartments, RVs, and even on campsites.
It even offers you the option to run on cold water, as it manages to heat water impressively well for a dishwasher of this size. And, finally, what impressed us the most is the fact that you can even fit a dutch oven-sized pot or skillet inside of it.
3. EdgeStar BIDW1802SS 18 Inch Built-In Dishwasher
- Accommodates up to eight (8) place settings and features a silverware basket and cup tray
- Six (6) Wash Cycles: Heavy, Normal, ECO, Glass, Rapid, and Rinse; Three (3) Options: Sanitize, Hi Temp, Heated Dry
- At only 17.75 inches wide, using this unit to replace an older appliance such as a trash compactor is a great option.
|Dimensions:||22.4 x 17.6 x 32.5 inches|
With a compact footprint, the EdgeStar BIDW1802SS 18 Inch Built-In Dishwasher can help you get the most out of a kitchen with limited space, all while holding eight place settings.
One subtle detail we like about this best rated dishwasher is the fact that it has a leakage sensor that automatically shuts off water flow when a leak is detected to protect your home from water damage.
Furthermore, the EdgeStar BIDW1802SS 18 Inch Built-In Dishwasher has a control panel lock feature that prevents children and other people from accidentally pushing buttons and starting a wash cycle. And one more thing that we like about it, the heated dry option is available for all cycles except rinse, which is guaranteed to dry and sanitize dishes more efficiently.
The EdgeStar BIDW1802SS is one of the best rated dishwashers that focuses on leak prevention and protection.
Its adjustable upper rack gives it enough versatility to fit even big pots and pans, and the included utensil basket is big enough to fit many spoons, knives, and forks.
At only 17.75 inches wide, using this unit to replace an older appliance such as a trash compactor is a great option. And with a 52 dB noise rating, you can rest assured that this dishwasher is reasonably quiet and won’t disturb you at all while you’re watching TV or listening to music.
2. Bosch SHP865ZD5N 500 Series 24 Inch Built In Dishwasher
- Automatically opens the door at the end of the drying cycle to let fresh air circulate for drier dishe
- The quietest dishwasher brand in the U.S.
- Quality is in the details
|Dimensions:||23.8 x 23.6 x 33.9 inches|
Coming from the quietest dishwasher brand in the US, the Bosch SHP865ZD5N 500 Series 24 Inch Built In Dishwasher comes with either a bar handle and silver coloring, or with a pocket handle and three different colors to choose from.
It has a stainless steel tub with nylon racks, a 3rd flexible rack for added versatility, and an impressive 44 decibels noise rating. The Bosch SHP865ZD5N 500 Series 24 Inch Built In Dishwasher also features a few of Bosch’s patented technologies, such as InfoLight, AquaStop leak protection, and Speed60 for when you need dishes done in an hour.
Furthermore, for added convenience, this fantastic dishwasher has audible signals at the end of the program, as well as a projected light on the floor to let you know when it’s finished. It also can heat water up to 160 degrees Fahrenheit for extra sanitization, and its ExtraScrub option increases pressure and temperature in the entire lower rack for hard to remove food stains.
The Bosch SHP865ZD5N 500 Series 24 Inch Built In Dishwasher is one of the best rated dishwashers from this phenomenal brand.
There are so many good things we can say about it that we can’t just help but be impressed – from the sanitize option to more modern features such as AquaStop leak protection and ExtraScrub option; everything is engineered to perfection.
1. hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- A convenient and small Energy Star certified dish washing machine for cleaning the dishes after dinner or cooking. Simply load the dishes in the dish basket and cutlery rack and let this white dishwasher do the dirty job. Easily sits on countertops or tabletop requiring less space
- With simple to use control panel and light indicators. Program selector has 6 wash cycle options: heavy, normal, ECO, glass, speed, and rinse for your different dishwashing needs. Delay button light to postpone wash cycle
- Features a quick connect assembly with accessories including inlet and drain hose and a faucet adapter for water lines that are compatible with round-shaped faucet outlets with removable aerators, and 55/64"-27 male or 15/16"-27 female threads underneath
|Dimensions:||21.6 x 19.6 x 17.2 inches|
With over 1000 ratings on Amazon, the hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher is by far the most appreciated out of all the best rated dishwashers.
At just around 44 pounds and barely bigger than a microwave, the hOmeLabs Compact Countertop Dishwasher offers amazing portability for anyone living in cramped apartments or people who are constantly on the move.
It has an intuitive control panel and light indicators that inform you how much time the wash cycle has left, as well as a delay button that allows you to postpone the wash cycle for several hours.
Frequently Asked Questions
Who makes Bosch dishwashers?
Although the Bosch brand is based in Germany, Bosch dishwashers sold in the United States are manufactured in North Carolina. Bosch is part of the Bosch and Siemens Home Appliance Group, currently ranking as the world’s third largest appliance manufacturer. To further get an understanding of how great this company is, they’re presently considered the quietest dishwasher maker in the USA, and they were the first to introduce stainless steel tubs inside their dishwashers.
What is the best dishwasher for the best price?
There are many options to consider for the mid-range price point, and many of them are similar in what they offer. As a general rule of thumb, dishwashers from brands like Bosch, Miele, EdgeStar, LG, and SPT, to name a few, are generally a good investment that offers a sweet price-to-value ratio.
What is the best dishwasher under $500?
Budget dishwashers under $500 are plentiful, but they’re not all great. You’ll mostly find countertop and portable dishwashers below this price point, and those are generally good. However, if you want a full-fledged dishwasher under $500, we recommend going for something from one of the most trusted dishwasher brands on the market.
Which brand of dishwashers has the least repairs?
By far, the brand that has stood the test of time with the least number of service repairs is Bosch. And on top of that, they even offer most times a more extended warranty than the competition. Plus that their customer service is known worldwide as being one of the best out there.
Final Thoughts on the Best Rated Dishwashers
The best rated dishwashers get their recognition because they offer customers excellent features for what they pay.
All of the above-listed dishwashers are guest-friendly, and they will make your life much more comfortable since dishwashers sanitize dishes far more efficiently than any human can.