Looking for a small dishwasher that can easily fit inside your kitchen? We have gathered the best ones that do a great job while occupying very little space.
Below you will find our updated list of the best small dishwasher models based on performance, user reviews, professional reviews, reliability, and price to value ratio.
- 1 Best Small Dishwasher (Updated List)
- 2 7. Whynter CDW-6831WES Small Countertop Dishwasher
- 3 6. NOVETE TDQR01 Compact Countertop Dishwasher
- 4 5. BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Small Compact Dishwasher
- 5 4. Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Small Portable Dishwasher
- 6 3. Danby DDW621WDB Small Countertop Dishwasher
- 7 2. Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA Countertop Dishwasher
- 8 1. EdgeStar DWP62BL Countertop Small Dishwasher
- 9 Final Thoughts
Best Small Dishwasher (Updated List)
First, let’s take a look at our top three runner-ups for the best small dishwasher category.
Afterward, we will go through the other models in a descending order to help you choose the best one for your budget.
7. Whynter CDW-6831WES Small Countertop Dishwasher
- Energy Star qualified; Six (6) standard place setting capacity
- Six (6) standard wash cycles (Heavy, Normal, Baby Care, ECO, Glass, Speed)
- Stainless steel interior and spray arm for extended durability; Water consumption (normal wash): 2.8 gallons
|Dimensions:||19.75 x 21.75 x 17.25 inches|
|Noise level:||45 dB|
Possibly the quietest dishwasher from the small and compact category is the Whynter CDW-6831WES.
It has a 1 to 24 hour delay start option, automatic detergent and rinse agent dispensers, a quick connect adapter for most kitchen faucets, comes with included drain and inlet hose, as well as a stainless steel interior tub.
While the Whynter CDW-6831WES isn’t a popular model by far, considering what you get in the package, we highly recommend it. If it weren’t for the relatively high price compared to other small dishwashers, we would’ve inevitably put it up higher on this list.
The Whynter CDW-6831WES Small Countertop Dishwasher does an excellent job when it comes to both cleaning and drying.
While most dishwashers struggle to dry plastics, this one does a phenomenal job. However, its high asking price might be a turn off for many potential customers.
6. NOVETE TDQR01 Compact Countertop Dishwasher
No products found.
|Dimensions:||16.86 × 16.75 × 18.05 inches|
|Noise level:||50 dB|
The NOVETE TDQR01 Compact Countertop Dishwasher comes with several attractive features that can compete with the top dishwashers out there.
It’s got a dry storage mode that works wonders. Basically, it outputs 60 minutes of hot air drying and 72 hours of automatic intermittent ventilation can keep dishes dry and prevent odors, allowing you to keep your tableware sanitary while storing them.
At an angle, the NOVETE TDQR01 can even fit 12-inch plates. It’s surprising considering that it only has four place settings. And as far as performance goes, it’s easily one of the most efficient dishwashers out there. As for consumption, you’ll be pleased to hear it’s an energy-efficient dishwasher and consumes only 1.3 gallons of water per cycle.
The NOVETE TDQR01 is a small and relatively new dishwasher on the market. We would’ve ranked it higher if more people would’ve had the opportunity to test it in the long term.
However, those who did get their hands on it are generally pleased with what it offers. It does a great job at cleaning dishes and has some features that you won’t see anywhere else, such as the 72-hour ventilated storage option.
5. BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Small Compact Dishwasher
- 7 SUPERIOR WASH CYCLES: With this incredible BLACK+DECKER portable dishwasher, you find the right wash cycle that works for you and your dishes. Our 7 wash cycles for this 21.5” x 21.7” x 17.2” dishwasher machine include: Normal, Intensive, Eco, Glass, 90 Minutes, Rapid & Soak. Save water and time in the kitchen cleaning by letting this stainless steel dishwasher do all the hard work.
- LED DISPLAY: Set your wash cycle and time with ease thanks to this intuitive dish washer LED display. Thanks to its easy-to-navigate electronic touch controls, you can see remaining cycle time and even delay start time. Child lock included with portable dish washing machine to secure maximum safety.
- QUICK CONNECT: Hook up your must-have white dishwasher with a seamless Quick Connect assembly, hooking right up to the faucet. No need for direct plumbing or permanent installation. With this portable dishwasher, you conveniently connect when you need clean dishes and disconnect when not in use.
|Dimensions:||17.2 x 21.5 x 21.7 inches|
|Noise level:||60 dB|
With a sound rating equivalent to a regular conversation, the BLACK+DECKER BCD6W is small and won’t disturb you that much during the day.
Relatively light and highly compact, it manages to fit quite some large plates inside as long as you place them at an angle. The intuitive controls with a child-lock mechanism are easy to use and convenient in any situation.
Lastly, the BLACK+DECKER BCD6W comes with a delay start option of up to 24 hours, which is impressive considering the dishwasher’s price and the fact that it comes from a brand that makes no other dishwashers.
The BLACK+DECKER BCD6W Small Dishwasher fits inside under basically any cabinet and does a more than decent job considering it comes from an otherwise non-dishwasher brand.
Apart from the 60 dB rating, there’s nothing we can truly complain about when it comes to this model. And although it’s pricier than others on this list, it’s still very much worth it.
4. Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Small Portable Dishwasher
- QUALITY CONTROL NOTE All dishwashers are factory tested to ensure proper operation As a result it is normal for small amounts of residual water to be found in the unit
- COMPACT DESIGN: This convenient dishwasher can fit a variety of dishes (up to 12-inches in diameter at an angle) and is ideal for small-sized houses, apartments, dorms, boats and campers/RVs
- NO HOOKUPS NEEDED: If you want the advantage of portability and storage, this dishwasher gives you the choice to fill the built-in tank so you don't need a water hookup. Water hose is included for a direct water hookup to kitchen faucet (adapter not included)
|Dimensions:||17.3 x 16.5 x 17.3 inches|
|Noise level:||60 dB|
A somewhat odd (in a good way) small dishwasher is the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA.
It comes with a baby care wash cycle for toys and pacifiers, a 5-liter built-in tank in case you don’t feel like connecting it to the faucet, and a fruit basket. Why the fruit basket, you might ask. Because it comes with a wash cycle specifically made for fruits and veggies. That’s one less thing to take care of on your own.
Furthermore, the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA has a transparent door on the front so you can view the cleaning process as it goes. And as far as reliability goes, it’s currently one of the most appreciated ones on Amazon on the internet in general.
The Farberware FDW05ASBWHA may not hold as many dishes as other small dishwashers, but it does other things well.
Its cleaning power is on par with more expensive models, and it comes with fairly unique bonuses such as an integrated tank and a fruit basket with a fruit-specific wash cycle. If you want to learn more, check out our full review of the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA.
3. Danby DDW621WDB Small Countertop Dishwasher
- Compact space saving countertop dishwasher
- Easy Set Up: The quick connect feature is compatible with most kitchen faucets
- Energy Saver: Energy Star compliant and low water consumption of up to 3.1 gallons of water (11.7L) per wash to help save you money
|Dimensions:||19.69 x 21.65 x 17.24 inches|
|Noise level:||52 dB|
If you want a small dishwasher for a price as low as it gets, then the Danby DDW621WDB might be the right choice for you.
Not only that, but if you’re a busy person, it comes with a delay start option of 2, 4, 6, or 8 hours. That’s more than enough flexibility for programming a wash cycle in case you’re busy with other endeavors.
Furthermore, the Danby DDW621WDB Small Countertop Dishwasher has an energy consumption of around 203 kWh per year. So you’re not only paying a small price, but you’re also saving a significant amount in the future.
The Danby DDW621WDB is so good for the price that it retails for that we felt the need to make a full review about it.
You’d be surprised how efficient it is despite its compact size. So much so that it’s able to fit even 10-inch plates if you place them at an angle.
2. Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA Countertop Dishwasher
- Dimensions: Depth - Door Shut (with Handle): 21.7" | Depth - Door Shut (without Handle): 20" | Depth With Door Open 90 Degrees: 29" | Dishwasher Size: 21" | Height - Maximum: 17.2" | Height - Minimum: 17.2" | Product Depth: 21.7" | Product Height: 17.2" | Product Width: 19.7" | Product Weight: 44.1 lb
- Six-place setting: the six-place setting capacity allows you to wash a variety of dishes (up to 10-inches in diameter) and includes folding down rack shelves and a cutlery basket
- Quick installation: Features a quick connect assembly with accessories and adapters included to easily connect directly to your faucet
|Dimensions:||21.7 x 19.7 x 17.2 inches|
|Noise level:||54 dB|
With six place settings and seven wash cycles to choose from, the Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA Small Dishwasher gives you enough room for a household of one or two people’s daily dishes.
We like the fact that it comes with an efficient extra drying function. Plus that it has a self-cleaning program so you won’t have to bother cleaning the dishwasher yourself. Moreover, if you have children, you won’t need to worry thanks to the button safety lock feature.
Overall, the Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA is a great choice if you’re looking for a small dishwasher that’s efficient and decreases the amount of time you need to undergo for maintenance and cleaning the appliance.
The Farberware Professional FCD06ABBWHA is a small dishwasher that performs well for a highly affordable price.
It’s the perfect fit if you live by yourself or with just one other person, and you don’t want to spend a lot on a full-sized dishwasher.
1. EdgeStar DWP62BL Countertop Small Dishwasher
- Six (6) standard place setting capacity / Includes dish rack, cup shelf, and cutlery basket
- Holds plates up to 10.5" in diameter / Seven (7) wash cycles / Quick connect adapter fits standard sized kitchen faucets / Beautiful digital display
- Stainless steel interior / Fits under most cabinetry / Water consumption (normal wash): 2.85 gallons
|Dimensions:||19.63 x 21.63 x 17.31 inches|
|Noise level:||52 dB|
On top of our list is a small appliance that can be considered one of the best overall dishwashers.
To put it shortly, the EdgeStar DWP62BL comes at a fair asking price despite it being slightly higher than other similar models. However, its energy efficiency more than makes up for it.
Moreover, the EdgeStar DWP62BL consumes only 2.85 gallons of water per each standard wash cycle. In conclusion, it will save you even more money in the long run. And as far as cleaning power goes, it’s clearly on par with bigger and more expensive models.
The EdgeStar DWP62BL is our pick for the best small dishwasher because it’s reliable, affordable, and energy-efficient.
While the initial price might be a bit higher than the rest, the energy efficiency more than makes up for it in the long run.
If you’re looking for the best small dishwasher for your compact kitchen, any of the models mentioned above will do a great job.
Take your time to look through each one’s set of features and specifications. Doing so will guarantee your money will be well spent.