One of the mainline competitors in the countertop dishwasher market is the Danby DDW621WDB.
We will explore all the features and nifty little tricks it’s got up its sleeve, as well as the small defects that may or may not affect your buying decision.
Danby DDW621WDB Basic Presentation
- Your purchase includes One Danby Countertop Dishwasher, DDW621WDB model | Hoses and faucet adaptor fits standard North American faucets
- Dishwasher dimensions – 21.65” W x 19.69” D x 17.24” H | Depth with door open – 32” | Weight – 46.30 lbs. | Voltage – 115V | Cord length – 5 ft. long | Noise level – 52 dB | Energy consumption – 203 (KWh/year)
- Program your cycle to start around your schedule, chose from 2, 4, 6 or 8 hours
|Dimensions:||19.69 x 21.65 x 17.24 inches|
|Noise Rating:||52 dB|
|Form Factor:||Stand Alone||Control Console:||Fully Integrated||Warranty:||12 months parts and labour coverage. Installation and/or yearly maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty|
Coming from one of the best dishwasher brands, the Danby DDW621WDB is an excellent choice for many reasons.
First off, the one thing people notice is that it’s a highly affordable dishwasher, clocking in way below $500. Secondly, it has the ability to fit large plates despite its fairly compact size.
Even better, the Danby DDW621WDB has an interior tub made out of stainless steel for protection against mold and rust.
The Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher is suitable for people with small kitchens who are looking to spend their budget wisely.
What’s more, the Danby DDW621WDB includes a heating element, which is surprising for a model at this size and price. For added convenience, you can select from four different delay start options: 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, and 8 hours.
What Users Say About the Danby DDW621WDB
There’s a lot to talk about the Danby DDW621WDB, and the user reviews sure mention tons of great things.
Of course, there are also some small defects that buyers have noticed. We will go through all the important aspects regarding positives and negatives to help you determine if the Danby DDW621WDB is the best dishwasher for your needs.
Much more than half of the user reviews consist of 5-star ratings and plenty of praise for the product.
Because of this, we have gathered a lot of positive aspects that we can shortly showcase here so you can get the big picture without having to read every review yourself.
What we like most about the Danby DDW621WDB is that as far as washing dishes go, it can even compete with the best high-end dishwashers out there. Now it’s time for what the buyers have to say about it.
- The dishes dry quickly if you open the door a smidge after the completion of a wash cycle
- Similarly, you can leave the door closed and let the dishes dry out overnight
- It’s the perfect size for tiny kitchens and you’ll most likely still have some room left on the counter
- The setup process is highly intuitive and doesn’t require any plumbing skills whatsoever
- Apart from the draining cycle, the dishwasher is so quiet that you won’t hear a thing if you’re watching movies or listening to music
- Some buyers have used it daily or even multiple times per day and the Danby DDW621WDB kept working like a charm even after the warranty expired
- The customer service team does their best to replace dented, scratched, or malfunctioning units as soon as possible
- It has a light wash setting that’s perfect for china and fragile dishes, and it cleans them efficiently nevertheless
- Its integrated heating element brings the temperature up to 160 degrees Fahrenheit for thorough sanitization
- The delay start function offers plenty of flexibility and allows you to organize your busy schedule much better
- Comes in a heavy and sturdy box with detailed instructions that give you all you need to use the product
Even the best-rated dishwashers have their defects, and the Danby DDW621WDB is no different.
Fortunately, there aren’t a lot of negatives to say about this product. We will list all the recurring problems that some users had, and showcase some bigger issues that few people have experienced.
- There are gigantic gaps in the grating where an errant small bowl or cup can fall through
- It doesn’t have a timer, so you can never tell for sure when exactly a wash cycle will be over
- The quick connector that comes with the dishwasher might be too short for some people, and no extension is available for purchase from the manufacturer
- Most of the cycles can take up to two hours to wash the dishes completely
Who makes Danby dishwashers?
Danby Products Limited is a Canadian family-owned business that manufactures all of the dishwashers in Danby’s lineup.
The American branch of the company is called Danby Ltd, which currently holds one of the top positions in refrigerator and other major general appliance categories.
Over the years, they have proven that they got what it takes to make great dishwashers in different sizes. And their customer support team is often praised by buyers of all categories.
The Danby DDW621WDB is a great dishwasher, as many reviews have already pointed this out.
As long as you’re not bothered by the few flaws that come with this countertop dishwasher, you can rest assured that the appliance is worth every penny. And for this price, not many other dishwashers match this Danby model’s performance.