One of the mainline competitors in the countertop dishwasher market is the Danby DDW621WDB.
We will explore all the features and nifty little tricks it’s got up its sleeve, as well as the small defects that may or may not affect your buying decision.
Danby DDW621WDB Basic Presentation
- Compact space saving countertop dishwasher
- Easy Set Up: The quick connect feature is compatible with most kitchen faucets. Wattage 680 Watts and Amperage 5.7 Amps
- Energy Saver: Energy Star compliant and low water consumption of up to 3.1 gallons of water (11.7L) per wash to help save you money
|Dimensions:||19.69 x 21.65 x 17.24 inches|
|Noise Rating:||52 dB|
|Form Factor:||Stand Alone||Control Console:||Fully Integrated||Warranty:||12 months parts and labour coverage. Installation and/or yearly maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty|
Coming from one of the best dishwasher brands, the Danby DDW621WDB is an excellent choice for many reasons.
First off, the one thing people notice is that it’s a highly affordable dishwasher, clocking in way below $500. Secondly, it has the ability to fit large plates despite its fairly compact size.
Even better, the Danby DDW621WDB has an interior tub made out of stainless steel for protection against mold and rust.
The Danby DDW621WDB Countertop Dishwasher is suitable for people with small kitchens who are looking to spend their budget wisely.
What’s more, the Danby DDW621WDB includes a heating element, which is surprising for a model at this size and price. For added convenience, you can select from four different delay start options: 2 hours, 4 hours, 6 hours, and 8 hours.
What Users Say About the Danby DDW621WDB
There’s a lot to talk about the Danby DDW621WDB, and the user reviews sure mention tons of great things.
Of course, there are also some small defects that buyers have noticed. We will go through all the important aspects regarding positives and negatives to help you determine if the Danby DDW621WDB is the best dishwasher for your needs.
Much more than half of the user reviews consist of 5-star ratings and plenty of praise for the product.
Because of this, we have gathered a lot of positive aspects that we can shortly showcase here so you can get the big picture without having to read every review yourself.
What we like most about the Danby DDW621WDB is that as far as washing dishes go, it can even compete with the best high-end dishwashers out there. Now it’s time for what the buyers have to say about it.
- The dishes dry quickly if you open the door a smidge after the completion of a wash cycle
- Similarly, you can leave the door closed and let the dishes dry out overnight
- It’s the perfect size for tiny kitchens and you’ll most likely still have some room left on the counter
- The setup process is highly intuitive and doesn’t require any plumbing skills whatsoever
- Apart from the draining cycle, the dishwasher is so quiet that you won’t hear a thing if you’re watching movies or listening to music
- Some buyers have used it daily or even multiple times per day and the Danby DDW621WDB kept working like a charm even after the warranty expired
- The customer service team does their best to replace dented, scratched, or malfunctioning units as soon as possible
- It has a light wash setting that’s perfect for china and fragile dishes, and it cleans them efficiently nevertheless
- Its integrated heating element brings the temperature up to 160 degrees Fahrenheit for thorough sanitization
- The delay start function offers plenty of flexibility and allows you to organize your busy schedule much better
- Comes in a heavy and sturdy box with detailed instructions that give you all you need to use the product
Even the best-rated dishwashers have their defects, and the Danby DDW621WDB is no different.
Fortunately, there aren’t a lot of negatives to say about this product. We will list all the recurring problems that some users had, and showcase some bigger issues that few people have experienced.
- There are gigantic gaps in the grating where an errant small bowl or cup can fall through
- It doesn’t have a timer, so you can never tell for sure when exactly a wash cycle will be over
- The quick connector that comes with the dishwasher might be too short for some people, and no extension is available for purchase from the manufacturer
- Most of the cycles can take up to two hours to wash the dishes completely
Frequently Asked Questions
Who makes Danby dishwashers?
Danby Products Limited is a Canadian family-owned business that manufactures all of the dishwashers in Danby’s lineup.
The American branch of the company is called Danby Ltd, which currently holds one of the top positions in refrigerator and other major general appliance categories.
Over the years, they have proven that they got what it takes to make great dishwashers in different sizes. And their customer support team is often praised by buyers of all categories.
How do you Clean a Danby Dishwasher?
Danby dishwashers are cleaned exactly the same as you would clean a regular dishwasher from any other brand. If you’re not sure how to do it, you can check out the user manual for your specific model.
On the other hand, if your user manual doesn’t come with clear instructions regarding the cleaning process, you can check out our homepage to see our detailed guide regarding dishwasher cleaning and maintenance.
Does Danby make good countertop dishwashers in general?
Yes, absolutely. We’ve reviewed multiple Danby countertop dishwashers on our website and we’ve included them in many of our lists exactly for this reason. Danby really makes great dishwashers with very few (if any) noticeable flaws.
In conclusion, you should really consider a countertop dishwasher made by Danby if you’re in the market for such an appliance. Otherwise, feel free to check the rest of our website for other dishwasher recommendations based on budget, size, and numerous other factors.
How do I reset my Danby countertop dishwasher?
While there is no dedicated reset button on Danby countertop dishwashers, you can still reset them simply by unplugging them from the power supply. Yes, it’s as simple as that. Leave the dishwasher unplugged for at least 10 seconds and then plug it back in. It should now be reset and it should work as intended yet again.
How do you use a Danby countertop dishwasher?
A dishwasher model’s control panel and functions don’t differ all that much from one brand to another. If you’ve used other dishwashers before, you shouldn’t have any trouble with any other one made by Danby.
Similarly, when it comes to installation, all countertop dishwashers go through nearly identical processes. All Danby countertop dishwashers that we’ve seen can connect directly to the faucet via the quick connect system that they come with inside the package. For more detailed information about the installation process, check the user’s manual.
Can you convert a portable dishwasher into a built-in one?
While it may not be rocket science, converting a portable dishwasher into a built-in, under-counter dishwasher requires some plumbing skills and electrical knowledge as well.
We don’t recommend undertaking this task unless you clearly know what you’re doing. Otherwise, you might hurt yourself and you might even break the dishwasher in the process. Try looking at this guide if you think you can handle it.
How long do countertop dishwashers last?
Countertop dishwashers usually come with a warranty of only two years but their lifespan can go up to five or more years if you take the time to perform some basic maintenance.
Given that most countertop dishwashers fall below $400, we think that such an investment is worth it given how long one can last. Furthermore, with proper care and the use of rinse aid if you have hard water, you might even be able to boost its lifespan up to ten years. We also recommend using dishwasher cleaners to help it live even longer.
The Danby DDW621WDB is a great dishwasher, as many reviews have already pointed this out.
As long as you’re not bothered by the few flaws that come with this countertop dishwasher, you can rest assured that the appliance is worth every penny. And for this price, not many other dishwashers match this Danby model’s performance.