In a world where people move constantly or live inside crammed apartments, a countertop dishwasher is a great choice, especially if we’re talking about the Danby DDW631SDB.
It’s a great little dishwasher that does a fantastic job of cleaning everything up as long as you connect it to a hot water supply. With an estimated yearly energy cost of just $27, you already know you’re saving a lot of money on water, gas, and electricity bills.
Danby DDW631SDB Basic Presentation
- Compact space saving countertop dishwasher with a quick connect feature compatible with most kitchen faucets
- 6 place setting capacity with silverware basket
- Energy star compliant and low water consumption up to 3.1 gallons of water (11.7L) per wash to help save you money
|Dimensions:||19.69 x 21.65 x 17.24 inches|
|Noise Rating:||54 dB|
|Form Factor:||Stand Alone||Control Console:||Full Panel||Warranty:||12 months parts and labour coverage. Installation and/or yearly maintenance (cleaning) are not covered under warranty.|
With a consumption of just around 3.1 gallons per wash cycle, the Danby DDW631SDB is a truly economical choice despite its slightly higher price.
The Danby DDW631SDB has a six place settings capacity and six wash cycles that tackle everything from Intensive, normal, economy, rapid, glass, and soak.
One thing we like about this unit is that the display and control console are highly intuitive and visible. Even if your eyes aren’t in great shape, you’ll still be able to figure out what buttons to push.
Many of the Danby DDW631SDB Countertop Dishwasher reviews point out that users like the appliance and its features despite its slightly inflated price.
Even so, it manages to stay well below $700, making it one of the more affordable dishwashers you can get. It’s great having a dishwasher that you can take with you in an RV, or in a new home in case you’re planning to move in the near future.
And you don’t even have to take our word for it. In the following paragraphs, we will showcase all the highlights from user reviews and criticism to determine if the Danby DDW631SDB Countertop Dishwasher is a good option for you and your loved ones’ needs.
What Users Say About the Danby DDW631SDB
Out of over 100 reviews on Amazon and from the reviews left on other sites, almost three quarters of these have given the Danby DDW631SDB a perfect score.
The dishwasher might have its flaws, just like any other appliance, but most buyers often overlook them because the Danby DDW631SDB’s strengths far outweigh its weaknesses.
In any case, let’s look at both the positive and negative aspects to determine if it’s the right purchase for you. After reading countless reviews, we have managed to condense all the information into the short paragraphs below:
Just looking at these reviews, you can see why it fits the category of best rated dishwashers currently on the market.
All the people who use this appliance daily have seen just how efficient it is. It’s good even for washing pots and pans, which many countertop dishwashers fail to do efficiently.
Others also appreciated the Danby DDW631SDB’s LED and its intuitive controls. They found them to be useful even when using the dishwasher in dimly lit areas. Loading the dishwasher is also a breeze since the size of the unit allows for a much larger door and a rack that you can pull with ease.
- Transitioning from a full-sized dishwasher to the Danby DDW631SDB is smoother than with other countertop models
- Most of the time, the dishes come out spotless and dry
- The extra drying setting really comes in handy and does a decent job considering the dishwasher has no heating element
- People like the heavy cycle’s effectiveness and ability to get everything done in under an hour
- It doesn’t melt plasticware at all, which is a huge plus
- Fairly quiet when compared to other countertop dishwashers
- It’s easy to install and fits most standard American faucets
- The silverware basket is large and allows you to separate silverware from stainless steel cutlery with ease
- It also has a shelf for coffee cups and small mugs
Like with any appliance, the Danby DDW631SDB Countertop Dishwasher has received some criticism from users.
While people didn’t say too many bad things about it, it’s only fair to point out the potential flaws that might affect your buying decision.
If you’re not happy with the following key takeaways, we have prepared a detailed article about the features to look for in a dishwasher and how to better judge the pricing of each unit.
- Some people’s units arrived with scratches or even dents which occurred during shipping
- Costs more than other similarly-sized countertop dishwashers
- Doesn’t have a heating element, so it doesn’t dry the dishes completely every time
- A few units either came broken or started displaying error codes within the first few months of use
The Danby DDW631SDB dishwasher shows a lot of promise even if the price is a little higher than what you’d expect from the countertop dishwasher niche.
With all that said and done, we recommend the Danby DDW631SDB wholeheartedly. Even people who have received damaged or broken units have had them replaced free of charge thanks to Danby’s excellent customer support.