When looking at the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA, you might be surprised to find out that it holds quite well for a dishwasher that comes from a usually non-appliance manufacturing brand.
One stand-out thing about the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA is that it comes with a built-in 5-liter tank. As such, you can opt to connect it to the sink, or simply fill the tank without complicating yourself with extra cables.
Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Basic Presentation
- QUALITY CONTROL NOTE All dishwashers are factory tested to ensure proper operation As a result it is normal for small amounts of residual water to be found in the unit
- COMPACT DESIGN: This convenient dishwasher can fit a variety of dishes (up to 12-inches in diameter at an angle) and is ideal for small-sized houses, apartments, dorms, boats and campers/RVs. Depth - Door Shut (with Handle)-17.3 inch, Depth - Door Shut (without Handle)-16 inch, Depth With Door Open 90 Degrees-35 inch, Dishwasher Size-24 inch
- NO HOOKUPS NEEDED: If you want the advantage of portability and storage, this dishwasher gives you the choice to fill the built-in tank so you don't need a water hookup. Water hose is included for a direct water hookup to kitchen faucet (adapter not included)
|Dimensions:||17.3 x 16.5 x 17.3 inches|
|Noise Rating:||60 dB|
|Form Factor:||Built-In 5-Liter Tank||Control Console:||Full Panel||Material Type:||Plastic|
It is a rarity to see a non-appliance brand try to make a dishwasher and succeed with flying colors.
The Farberware FDW05ASBWHA is a countertop dishwasher that comes with a built-in 5-liter tank. What this means is that you can choose either to fill the tank or connect the dishwasher to the sink.
Either way, the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA does an excellent job of cleaning dishes and fruits (yes, it has that option).
You could say the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA is a bizarre dishwasher but in a good way. Sure, it doesn’t hold a lot of place settings, like the Bosch lineup, but it’s a good option for the price.
Nevertheless, as long as only two or three people need to use it, you probably won’t have to turn it on daily. It’s not meant for heavy loads, but rather for efficiently washing what dishes you can fit inside of it. Also worthy to note, you can fit plates up to 12 inches in diameter if you put them at an angle.
What Users Say About the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA
Over 250 reviews were written on Amazon about the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA at the time of publishing the article.
Coupled with reviews found on other retailer websites, it is clear that many people have already tried the machine for at least a couple of months, so they have the necessary experience to write about it in detail.
Out of all the reviews, an overwhelming majority were 5-star ratings that lauded the brand for putting up one of the best countertop dishwashers. Furthermore, people were surprised about how well this works and how little water it takes to finish a full cycle.
What people like most about the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA is its compact size and light weight.
Apart from the limited interior space, it manages to check all the criteria for choosing a good dishwasher. And on top of that, it comes with a feature that we haven’t yet seen on other models: the ability to wash fruits.
In any case, we’ve compiled all the good aspects that people highlighted in their reviews to make your decision much easier. So you won’t have to read hundreds of reviews by yourself; you only need to read the list below.
- If the connector hose is too short to reach the sink’s faucet, you can always rely on filling its 5-liter tank to get through a wash cycle
- Speaking of the tank, it is covered by a screw-on cap that protects it from dust and other elements while it is not in use
- You can choose to purchase this dishwasher with useful accessories or a selection of dishwasher detergents
- As far as detergents go, it accepts tabs, pods, liquids, and powder detergents alike, so you might be interested to look into some of the best natural dishwasher detergents
- It’s the only dishwasher many people have ever seen with the capability of washing fruits
- The included fruit basket is a nice freebie
- Packaging is solid, with less than 5% of reviews ever mentioning scratches or dents occurring during shipping
- You can watch the dishwasher in action through the transparent front window
- The interior light allows you to see clearly if you have to wash dishes at night with the lights turned off
- For a machine rated at 60 decibels, it’s surprisingly quiet. Most people said they wouldn’t know it’s running unless the interior light was on
- The Farberware FDW05ASBWHA makes great use of its two place settings due to increased spacing between plates
Of course, there are also a few downsides when it comes to the Farberware FDW05ASBWHA.
No dishwasher is perfect, not even the ones featured on our comprehensive buying guide. With that said, here is what users didn’t like about the unit.
- Targeting the hole through which you have to put water in the tank can be quite difficult at times. You have to do it slowly
- Sometimes not all the dishes get dried completely, even if you leave them overnight
- Could’ve used more place settings considering the price at which it retails
- Some people have had issues with their warranties not being processed
The Farberware FDW05ASBWHA Countertop Dishwasher is a great option for people who don’t need to wash many dishes at a time.
As long as you’re OK with the limited space, it does a fantastic job and comes with features we haven’t seen elsewhere: washing fruits and using a built-in tank.